food Burgers? Hell Yeah!!

texas blues said:
Some would say that the Frita Burger that Sum posted in the t-down is not a true burger.

I would say it is a regional thang and is every bit authentic as the very first burger ever conceived....
??

It may not be a "hamburger" but it's a burger. Burger is a looser term and it was a burger TD, there are all types of burgers! Why, because their was stuff in it? There was stuff in a lot of them. And bison may not be a "hamburger" either. Authenticity was not a factor.

Wondering why you say some say it isn't. Looked like a burger to me.

Wait, I get it. Late voting tactic strategy in case you make it to the final. :lol:

Negative.

No late tactics.

DTS is kickin' my ass fair n' square.

Why? Because his Greek thang looks goodern' hell!

DTS knows some sheeit y'all!

THP I reckon you and I are more in agreement than that what is reflected in our recent posts.

Especially since I know you are a flag waver for your home grilled burger and I appreciate that.

Sum's as well as DTS are indeed authentic burgers as are others and just reflective of the modern ethnic/cultural/regional styles.

And with that...

I got a cheeseburger to cook!

I made burgers tonight, alas, they are the same smasehd over onions burgers that I and The TB have posted 50 times so I didn't bother with pics.  I would like to weigh in on the conversation.  They are not the best burgers I have had.  The best burgers I have had were plain old grocery store 80/20 shaped into odd patties and grilled over an open fire of oak.  They are the best burgers I have had at home and can recreate on a daily basis though.  I actually did a side by side comparison a while back THP of the diced vs. thinly sliced onions.  The thinly sliced won hands down.  I slice them so thin that they literally melt into the meat and you still get that crust.  I have to agree with The TB.  The ball and smash technique is a winner.  I am eating them right now.  I did put some garlic honey mustard and swiss on one, but the others are plain.  No cheese, no sauce, no nothing.  They are that good on their own. Of course I am also using Martin's potato rolls.  They make hockey puck burgers edible.

My best indoor burgers are 6-8 oz salt crusted 80/20 in the CI. Salt crusted is when you put sea salt in a hot CI and lay the burger on the hot salt.

My best outdoor burgers are 6 oz 80/20 over lump charcoal, seasoned with S&P, or curry powder in the burger mix left to marinate. Or smaller sliders.

Summer is almost here!

The Hot Pepper said:
My best indoor burgers are 6-8 oz salt crusted 80/20 in the CI. Salt crusted is when you put sea salt in a hot CI and lay the burger on the hot salt.

My best outdoor burgers are 6 oz 80/20 over lump charcoal, seasoned with S&P, or curry powder in the burger. Or smaller sliders.

Summer is almost here!
Cooked in CI on salt?

Holy crap what is that?

I ain't never heard of such a thang.

The concept in my mind sounds great! 

Kinda' like a prime rib covered and roasted in sea salt.

THP you gotta' give us some detail's on that burger.

It sounds killer!

JayT said:
Yeah and how 'bout some pics???
Don't you know me by now? I just like to talk about food, tell you how to cook stuff, and act like I made it.

I just couldn't help myself y'all.

All this burger talk gave me a fever.

And the only cure is MORE CHEESEBURGER!

Riffed a single cheese animal style.

One.

Two.

Three.

Cuatro.

The animal style sauce was a riff of minced pickled 'peno, mayo, ketchup, and granulated garlic.

Texans don't do gangster.

We do MANGSTER!

Full on raging with a head on it like a housecat!

That's what that cheeseburger was.

And Hell's Kitchen over in Drunken Chef smacked down on his Aussie version of INO Animal Fries.

He brought some dang serious kung fu!

Coincidence?

Negative.

The revolution has begun!

cypresshill1973 said:
No warm the tomato before going to the burger?

I hit heat all vegetables before. This as you said, makes them more tender and more integrated

No senor, I don't heat up the tomato, but slice it at room temperature.

Cold veggies on a burger are fine for some but not me.

This is the burger I should have entered in the burger throwdown!

Me neither cold like vegetables. Minimum at room temperature, but if were heated best for me. 

That burger sounds amazing ... A pity that was not involved with that burger

CH I thought it was pretty dang cool that you, Essi, and others in other countries contributed to the burger t-down and in this thread.

Lots of differnt' burger styles to drool over.

I have to say too that I believe there are definitely 2 foods that no matter where in the world you're from, people love.

Burgers and pizza.

Hell, I've never met a vegetarian that hasn't eaten a burger at one time or another.

And pizza?

Who doesn't love pizza?

Anybody that don't ain't human.

texas blues said:

This is the burger I should have entered in the burger throwdown!

NO. NO. NO. Not taking away from the terrific burger above^ but your burger in the throwdown was fukin' awesome. And me personally, wouldn't change that if I could. That buffalo blue burger was bangin'!

nate6279 said:

NO. NO. NO. Not taking away from the terrific burger above^ but your burger in the throwdown was fukin' awesome. And me personally, wouldn't change that if I could. That buffalo blue burger was bangin'!

Much obliged for the kind words Nateo.

It DID taste pretty dang awesome!
The buffalo/ blue cheese combo is killer!

texas blues said:
I just couldn't help myself y'all.

All this burger talk gave me a fever.

And the only cure is MORE CHEESEBURGER!

Riffed a single cheese animal style.

One.

Two.

Three.

Cuatro.

The animal style sauce was a riff of minced pickled 'peno, mayo, ketchup, and granulated garlic.

Texans don't do gangster.

We do MANGSTER!

Full on raging with a head on it like a housecat!

That's what that cheeseburger was.

And Hell's Kitchen over in Drunken Chef smacked down on his Aussie version of INO Animal Fries.

He brought some dang serious kung fu!

Coincidence?

Negative.

The revolution has begun!

Mustard on a burger = win! Grilling mustard side down damn I gotta try that, bet it tastes 1000 times better than it looks heck I can almost taste that baby with my eyes!

Hells Kitchen said:

Mustard on a burger = win! Grilling mustard side down damn I gotta try that, bet it tastes 1000 times better than it looks heck I can almost taste that baby with my eyes!

Definitely!!!!

I just made a burger under the TB procedure. 

I am left speechless...

2014-06-12%252014.00.42.jpg

2014-06-12%252014.05.26.jpg

2014-06-12%252014.07.54.jpg

2014-06-12%252014.08.46.jpg

2014-06-12%252014.12.13.jpg

2014-06-12%252014.12.41.jpg

2014-06-12%252014.14.11.jpg

Mustard merged in an acid flavor. After a few bites, I remembered that contained mustard. But no mustard flavor as I know. 

Truly one of the best burgers I've ever eaten.

Back