food Burgers? Hell Yeah!!

texas blues said:
4 year aged cheddar?

Chantrelle's?

Homemade bun?

Home ground brisky/short rib/sirloin?

Thats a lot of foo foo all up in here.

Don't worry about comments about the bun.

Its not burnt.

That's a French crust artisan char.

I've used that technique many times.

It's righteous.
Thanks TB. Taste is such a personal thing. I love a grilled bun with some char, big difference between burnt.  The bun was really good a twist on a brioche recipe that I used white whole wheat with. Added some caramelized onions to the top of the bun on its 2nd rise that baked into the top nicely.  :cheers:

Had a big burger cravin last night after a pain in the ass day at work. Been eating healthier and drinking less in an attempt to lose a few kg so to celebrate my successful attempt at eating healthier and drinking less I got drunk and made some burgers. 

burgertall_zps4634da08.jpg

urgertall2_zpsd21bc870.jpg

And its little brother. Don't mind the overhanging lettuce, I was too off my tits to do anything about it

burgersml_zps84b71c96.jpg

That combo of spicy burger sauce, pickled japs and cayenne laced meat has really ignited my crap factory. 2nd assplosion of the day pending....

Holy crap! Where were you for the Throwdown????

Hells Kitchen said:
Had a big burger cravin last night after a pain in the ass day at work. Been eating healthier and drinking less in an attempt to lose a few kg so to celebrate my successful attempt at eating healthier and drinking less I got drunk and made some burgers. 

And its little brother. Don't mind the overhanging lettuce, I was too off my tits to do anything about it

That combo of spicy burger sauce, pickled japs and cayenne laced meat has really ignited my crap factory. 2nd assplosion of the day pending....

Burger looks awesome.

Damn dude stop it!

I swear this classic burger could win a TD. Not even playin'! You got burger skillz. Simple. Good.

(Did you add any ketchup, mustard, mayo? Oh, and please don't mind if I add pickle.)

The Hot Pepper said:
Damn dude stop it!

I swear this classic burger could win a TD. Not even playin'! You got burger skillz. Simple. Good.

(Did you add any ketchup, mustard, mayo? Oh, and please don't mind if I add pickle.)

Thanks dude! Totally forgot about the pickle relish I have in the fridge. Should've added a little bit of that.  I mixed some mustard, ketchup,  worcestshire sauce and S+P in with the beef, rubbed with my quick-fix rub I mixed up then and there, then added some more ketchup for the sauce. Sadly I ran out of that spicy burger sauce I made the other day, that actually turned out pretty damn fine. Tangy and hot, just the way I like it! The rub tastes freaking awesome though, I am surprised. 

Hells Kitchen said:

Damn, damn, damn .. ..why do I keep checking these topics late at night when I'm not supposed to be hungry .. ? why oh why ???
those burgers look so juicy you can feel how they taste just by looking at them.... that's an art you're doing ... fuc* a few extra kg.... enjoy life
I bet they go soooo great with a nice cold beer

Cheddar Bacon Burger.........with toasted Onion Rolls....

Ground Round was mixed with carmelized Shallots and Red Habaneros to add moisture......and the rest of the fare,Lettuce, raw Onion, Tomatoes, spiked Pickles...........and Ketchup...........downed this sucker and a couple of beers before yet..........another down pour of rain.

Man I love this thread - ever since I read about TB's minimalistic approach to handling and forming patties it has changed my burger making for the better!

So many good ideas!

Impressed by the bun!

And don't say briosche around TB!

Did the dill add anything?

Back