• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Burgers? Hell Yeah!!

Hey y'all looking through the sacred THP scrolls it is apparent that most awesome of foods is sorely neglected. That's right chidren's, I'm talkin' about BURGERS!! Sliders. Pub burgers. Fast food style burgers. Gastro burgers. Cheffy burgers. CHEESEBURGERS!!! Single and double meat. Triple meat. Extreme burgers. Man vs. Food burgers....the list is endless but y'all get the idea.

We won't go into the endless arguments of who created the first hamburger (Fletcher Davis) or what meat qualifies as a burger. Nonetheless....here are the rules for posting in this soon to be awesome thread:

1. Any meat goes. Beef, chicken, pork, lamb, rat, fish. Whatever, hunt it down and kill it with a knife. Its all good and I've included the options other than the traditional beef so all the kids can play in the pool. If its ground and round, its all good.

2. The damn 'thang has to be between 2 slices of bread or bun. White bread. Brioche. Sourdough. English muffin. Whole wheat. Its got to be bready. No wrap crap or wild pizza dough like chingaderra's.

3. Any cooking method goes. Grilled. Broiled. Griddled. Steamed. Deep fried. Zippo lighter.

4. Because I love to ridicule to no end tree hugging granola wimps and hippy's.....
Veggie burgers are all good. Just be prepared for the woe and gnashing of teeth and smack talk that will soon come if you post it. It will be all in fun and all good.

5. You suck at cooking? The only thing that would suck more is if you posted pics of your restaurant burger. For the sake of keeping the comedy rolling...
Any burger you didn't cook or you bought is allowed and is all good. Warning: while allowed, posting pics of BK burgers or their ilk with a splash of tabasco will bring upon you the most ridicule and insults. Even more than a veggie burger!

6. Chile's and/or hotsauce is mandatory on the burger. ON the burger, no crap on the side.

7. Pics are mandatory. No posting about a burger you made or ate without pics. You will suffer extreme ridicule and experience much loathing. Just don't do it.

8. Include a list of condiments and toppings. Mayo. Mustard. Onions. Cheese. Extract of male baboon spermatazoa. Whatever. Post it.

There it is y'all. Can you get down brown with it? Allrighty then...

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Here's mine. Sliders. 80/20 ground chuck from Matador Meat Market, Frisco, Tx. Cooked over fine diced yellow onions in cast iron using the smash technique. Toasted Pepperidge Farm slider buns with mustard, the onions, dill pickle and jalapeno pickle slices. Kraft brand American Plastic Cheese.

IMG_3447.jpg

Adult beverages are encouraged in the pics but not mandatory. Dig that awesome cast iron crust sear!

IMG_3448.jpg

So bring on your burgers. And that means those damn Aussie's and their stinkin' beet root too!!

Fantastic looking cheeseburgers Chewi! The meat in the money shot looks to be cooked about medium. Just the way I like it. +1 on the Best Maid pickles.

Folks, that's hot blue and righteous cheeseburgers, Texas style!

Here's a good reason to make a cheeseburger this month...

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2012/05/happy-national-burger-month.html

Dude that burger looks great.

BUT!!!!

Those fries need some discussion. They look AWESOME!!!!!! What did you do?????
They look homemade!

Dude that burger looks great.

BUT!!!!

Those fries need some discussion. They look AWESOME!!!!!! What did you do?????
They look homemade!

Yup, fried in clean fresh oil by the wife. Its her secret spice mix. Some blend of paprika/blackpepper/lemonpepper concoction. Mighty tasty!

JayT;

I thought i was the only person that had those awsome flower plates, but i see you have the same plates as me.

I have been craving a good burger and this thread was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Mrs. JayT likes a variety of toppings to choose from and I usually make myself several different burgers when I cook them so here is a look at two. All are made on toasted onion rolls with sharp cheddar and 80/20 ground chuck cooked in the bacon fat.

Some prep/action shots

100_0256-1.jpg

100_0257-1.jpg

100_0258-2.jpg

100_0259-1.jpg

The first one incudes bacon, lettuce, tomato, homemade spicy pickle, and smokey jakes pit sauce.

100_0260-1.jpg

100_0261-1.jpg

The second includes sauteed mushrooms and onion, mayo and LDHS' green sauce. Official review coming soon.

100_0262-1.jpg

100_0263-1.jpg

Now it is sake time again...

100_0249-2.jpg

Looking fwd to it TB. and Joshua, the 80's called you and they want their plates back. I got the same call.

...60's stove...

Until just recently, we still had an old Kelvinator stove. I took many flattering pics of it
but am quite unsober at the moment and unable to locate them. This picture, however,
remains a favorite as it reminds me of the time that a local liquor store went out of business
and had some great sales and bargains. During their last few days, all remaining bottles
were 1/4 the usual price and I bought them out of their remaining Jägermeister. Of course,
I had already procured the remaining 1.75 L bottles during the 1/2 off sale.

cheapjager.jpg

I'm not attempting to change the subject. I love burgers!

Not nearly as much as you love Jaegermeister apparently. :lol:

I had a Five Guy's burger and cajun fries today. Not nearly as good as all the hype made it out to be.

I had a Five Guy's burger and cajun fries today. Not nearly as good as all the hype made it out to be.

I don't believe the hype of any chain restaurant. I just avoid them altogether. Burgers are best on the grill.

I like that you can get like twenty topping choices at no extra charge, but the burger was overcooked, the bacon was over cooked, the jalapenos were raw and very mild, and the whole thing was very blah.

5 guys rule,,i love that the jalopenos are raw.. sucks that you had a bad experience.

dont get me wrong im sure we all make a better burger,but for a chain they are good.

I've only been to Five Guys once, in Florida. It was AWESOME.
I wish there one was closer. I guess for us, it would be nice to have something for those days/ nights we just don't want to cook.
Five guys is waaaaaaayyyyyy better than these $20 tourist trap burgers we [don't] get around here.

Yes, I'm an advocate!

The 5-Guys burger I had almost reminded me of Dick's Drive In burgers. Pure nostalgia, and it rocked my world. Where we live, if you want a decent burger (or chinese, mexican, indian, italian, etc), you gotta make it yourself. Which is great...but when you have that old-timey, greezy, drippy burger craving.....well, you just keep on craving it. Then fire up the grill and create something beefy and gorgeous! :)

TB - where dem sliders at Homey?!?!

Back