food Burgers? Hell Yeah!!

FreeportBum said:
Streaky bacon!!!! See all you dudes have no clue booma IS the burger maker. That's all he needed to say. Anyone ever watch the two fat lady's cooking show? Streaky bacon is some oldschool non supermarket shit. I'm sorry I ever doubted you man :)
FreeportBum said:
No way man. If you've ever had streaky bacon it's very similar to Canadian bacon. Looks very close to the stuff GM digs on from Bentons.
Nah it's a term non-Americans use for American-style bacon because of the lines or streaks... so, just means bacon to us... ;)

United States, where it is almost always prepared from pork belly (typically referred to as "streaky", "fatty", or "American style" outside of the US and Canada).

You found that even with your misspelling of gristle.

:lol:

grantmichaels said:

I would have picked someone other than PK to focus his pièce de résistance on, though, certainly ...

some folks take this internet thing way to seriously don't blame me  :P  I'm with tom...again
image.jpg1_zpspovdbwir.jpg

streaky bacon to me is really fatty bacon. stuff I would set aside to grind for burgers or chop when I wanted to render a lot of fat for cooking with or to cover a meat loaf,pork tenderloin,etc.  I like a little more meat on the old bones for breakfast but that's just me and everyone's taste is different  ;)

FreeportBum said:
streaky bacon to me is really fatty bacon. stuff I would set aside to grind for burgers or chop when I wanted to render a lot of fat for cooking with or to cover a meat loaf,pork tenderloin,etc.  I like a little more meat on the old bones for breakfast but that's just me and everyone's taste is different  ;)

The 2 Fat Ladies are Brits, so they were just talking about our style bacon over here. Streaky. The stripes. The common Brit bacon is like a hybrid cut, a combo of loin and belly, has a fat cap but no streaks.

FreeportBum said:
The grind- local chuck delmonico and local streaky bacon  ;)

You can't rouse and then act like you're with Tom.  :rofl:

He won't admit it though........ isn't that trolling..............

:P

I've taken to calling this Troll Classic ...

I rock Troll Classic myself ...

You know this - the classic troll was a necessary part of online balance ... calling bullshit, bringing the science and statistics to FUD-bust, etc ...

Let's call the recent incantation New Troll ... New Troll is like #gamergate shit ... what mostly amounts to intolerance, at the end of the day.

I have very little in common w/ New Troll, but I'll cop to Troll Classic, all day.

not sure what you two dudes are waffling about ^^  :P  back to burgers...and streaky bacon

crappy pics but you get the idea. I ran a couple shallots and a sweet onion on the mandeline, salted them for 30 minutes then gave them the squeeze. ended up adding a couple cloves of garlic to the grind.  

forming-
20150515_150318_zpszruaihlb.jpg

and the smash-
20150515_150814_zpszqmplxiw.jpg

:cheers:

The Hot Pepper said:

The 2 Fat Ladies are Brits, so they were just talking about our style bacon over here. Streaky. The stripes. The common Brit bacon is like a hybrid cut, a combo of loin and belly, has a fat cap but no streaks.

You can't rouse and then act like you're with Tom.  :rofl:
Were Brits.  Too much bacon I believe.  I know,  I didn't think it was possible either, but...

article-2585830-0034AB3600000190-281_634x414.jpg

grantmichaels said:
Also, we *all* know that I'm w/ Tom ;) ...

Does Danielle know? 

LOL ... this has been one of the most ridiculous weeks of extraneous bullshit at work, ever ...

I'm into 80 hrs and I've got at least a dozen more hours worth of actual work to do this weekend, yet ...

On the plus side, the extra $ encouraged me to buy some fairly automated brewing apparatus, which I won't have to feel the slightest bit guilty about ...

Lots of stainless ...

sicman said:
You get a like when i have pics of bacon burgers to print out and hold as i fall asleep.

P.S. I need them cooked im not ready to go all burgerwaffle raw style.  They call that "animal" or some weird crap in tejas I believe? In Florida they call it "granted."

LOL ... I think you might be talking about InO's "animal style" ...

It's true, though ... I've done some iffy shit to meat along the way ...

Back