Nice boig.

So the TB says hell no to guac on a burger, but avocado is a-okay..... :rofl:

The Hot Pepper said:
Wow!

Nice boig.

So the TB says hell no to guac on a burger, but avocado is a-okay..... :rofl:

I own that.

And for true I said it.

But I'll clarify, avo's to me, on a burger don't jive texture wise.

On ever 'thang else well...

But I ain't oppressin' anyone that digs avo on a burger.

It DOES look goodern' hell.

Its a texture 'thang for me.

Kina' like mrs. blues loves burgers...

But hates meat loaf.

Its a texture 'thang.

Guac is good directly on the top bun, when toasted. A schmear, if you will. Crunchy directly under, like bacon. To me it works like that, but I don't like it on the patty directly. 

The Hot Pepper said:
Guac is good directly on the top bun, when toasted. A schmear, if you will. Crunchy directly under, like bacon. To me it works like that, but I don't like it on the patty directly. 

Thats it simplified.

Not on the patty for sure.

And I reckon my avo/burger racism is directly derived from not having just a "schmear".

I have never done a schmear of guac.

Often a  large trowel or small garden shovel is involved.

Sometimes a ho'.

I love guac like I like to be liking party liquor time.

And other stuff too.

But I don't blame anyone for any 'thang.

:high:

Hmmm yeah and the texture thing may be that it is too close to rare/undercooked beef. I've had some instances (not avocado necessarily) where I'd be like, oh shit this is undercooked, oops no that's the _______.

Just a thought.

I agree textures should be layered the best way possible. Made some fish tacos last week, fish was cooked perfectly, but thought for a second I had an undercooked piece. And there was guac in it! Hmmmmmmmm lol.

TB you may be onto something. ;)

image.jpg

Flatbread/focaccia type burger looks decent for a chain, not that I eat at chains but still.... looks tasty!!!

It looked like a reg bun toasted, sweet n smokey burger. Panko crusted onion rings, mango bbq sauce, bacon side of ancho ranch. No complaints

Looks like flatbread on the half on the plate and nice color, maybe its been press toasted? Nice anyway.

Made the Boar, bacon n pancetta burgers for the wifey today. She agrees it's one the best burgers we ever had. 

Meat grind and prep on my cooking thread HERE

Cucumber dill aoli with aji omni color

Shiitake mushrooms

Mozzarella cheese, spinach, bolsa de dulce and bonda ma jacques stuffed inside. 

Back