• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Burgers? Hell Yeah!!

Hey y'all looking through the sacred THP scrolls it is apparent that most awesome of foods is sorely neglected. That's right chidren's, I'm talkin' about BURGERS!! Sliders. Pub burgers. Fast food style burgers. Gastro burgers. Cheffy burgers. CHEESEBURGERS!!! Single and double meat. Triple meat. Extreme burgers. Man vs. Food burgers....the list is endless but y'all get the idea.

We won't go into the endless arguments of who created the first hamburger (Fletcher Davis) or what meat qualifies as a burger. Nonetheless....here are the rules for posting in this soon to be awesome thread:

1. Any meat goes. Beef, chicken, pork, lamb, rat, fish. Whatever, hunt it down and kill it with a knife. Its all good and I've included the options other than the traditional beef so all the kids can play in the pool. If its ground and round, its all good.

2. The damn 'thang has to be between 2 slices of bread or bun. White bread. Brioche. Sourdough. English muffin. Whole wheat. Its got to be bready. No wrap crap or wild pizza dough like chingaderra's.

3. Any cooking method goes. Grilled. Broiled. Griddled. Steamed. Deep fried. Zippo lighter.

4. Because I love to ridicule to no end tree hugging granola wimps and hippy's.....
Veggie burgers are all good. Just be prepared for the woe and gnashing of teeth and smack talk that will soon come if you post it. It will be all in fun and all good.

5. You suck at cooking? The only thing that would suck more is if you posted pics of your restaurant burger. For the sake of keeping the comedy rolling...
Any burger you didn't cook or you bought is allowed and is all good. Warning: while allowed, posting pics of BK burgers or their ilk with a splash of tabasco will bring upon you the most ridicule and insults. Even more than a veggie burger!

6. Chile's and/or hotsauce is mandatory on the burger. ON the burger, no crap on the side.

7. Pics are mandatory. No posting about a burger you made or ate without pics. You will suffer extreme ridicule and experience much loathing. Just don't do it.

8. Include a list of condiments and toppings. Mayo. Mustard. Onions. Cheese. Extract of male baboon spermatazoa. Whatever. Post it.

There it is y'all. Can you get down brown with it? Allrighty then...

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Here's mine. Sliders. 80/20 ground chuck from Matador Meat Market, Frisco, Tx. Cooked over fine diced yellow onions in cast iron using the smash technique. Toasted Pepperidge Farm slider buns with mustard, the onions, dill pickle and jalapeno pickle slices. Kraft brand American Plastic Cheese.

IMG_3447.jpg

Adult beverages are encouraged in the pics but not mandatory. Dig that awesome cast iron crust sear!

IMG_3448.jpg

So bring on your burgers. And that means those damn Aussie's and their stinkin' beet root too!!

Homemade pickled jalapenos and pickling juice in the (not so secret) sauce. Mayo,ketchup, paprika,garlic powder, onion powder.

Screenshot-20200925-210349-2.png

I can't take credit for the build or picture though, my wife has some burger stacking talent. I had to steal a screenshot from her instagram because I was too busy shoveling mine in my face to take pics.

I mustard fried the patties for mine, but sadly our last onions were bad .

Looking into a 22 1/2 " round piece of carbon steel for the weber to really take the smash burger game over the top.

Here you go Ash

https://arteflame.com/collections/grill-grate-replacement-inserts/products/grill-accessory-for-perfect-burgers

https://arteflame.com/products/weber-grill-grate-replacement-inserts?variant=4794047168545

Those are 2 good options for burgers, unless you want it for pizza. I've never seen  a 22 inch round steel but you could put the smaller steel, round or rectangular, on top.

I'd actually go for this:

https://shop.bakingsteel.com/products/baking-steel

That's the original steel company, they are friendly and are great with the warranty. I have one!

The Hot Pepper said:
Here you go Ash

https://arteflame.com/collections/grill-grate-replacement-inserts/products/grill-accessory-for-perfect-burgers

https://arteflame.com/products/weber-grill-grate-replacement-inserts?variant=4794047168545

Those are 2 good options for burgers, unless you want it for pizza. I've never seen  a 22 inch round steel but you could put the smaller steel, round or rectangular, on top.

I'd actually go for this:

https://shop.bakingsteel.com/products/baking-steel

That's the original steel company, they are friendly and are great with the warranty. I have one!

I have a friend that works for a agriculture vehicle manufacturer. He is going to cut me a round piece of carbon steel from their scrap pile with a plasma cutter. They will only charge him scrap price / lb. Shouldn't cost me more than 10 or 15$. Square might even work better to leave open edges for air flow .

How about a half moon so you can griddle and grill. 

Patty melt.

Jack scheeze.

Dehydrated onions.

80/20 burger patty.

Whataburger Pepper sauce.

10 grain bread.

Cast iron.

IMG_2537.JPG

I love patty melts.

IMG_2538.JPG

Have mercy on a crutch.

IMG_2541.JPG

I love to be loving smashed burgers.

But I love to be loving a patty melt a little bit more.

IMG_2542.JPG

patty the one you're with.

“Quick and easy” “pull from the freezer” burgers.
Started with a nice 4lb Chuck roast, cubed and divided into 3 equal portions.
1.) Garlic S&P
2.) Puréed one Serrano and one Jalapeño
3.) Fortified Teriyaki sauce
First through the grinder #1 then 2 then 3 into vacuum bags. Sucked the air out and pushed it all flat. 2 & 3 went into the freezer but the Garlic S&P was for the trial run last night.
Once flat, I cut the bag open and quartered the meat with a pizza cutter and out on the grill.
Layered on the Kaiser roll was mayo, patty with American cheese, two roasted Peños, another patty with American cheese and a thick slice tomato. Yum. This will work well when I want a burger and want it fast. Frozen like this takes about 15 minutes to thaw in water.
41E15408-1F3D-4B37-816E-680640F520A2.jpeg
BBEAC492-412C-40E2-A71F-3D8FF3AE5181.jpeg
17F4AD5E-52E8-432F-BEC1-BC7ACB82B587.jpeg
9DB3581F-C7EC-4B8D-A7B0-F353C9DC2D66.jpeg
542D9917-978F-467C-ABFA-A5D759A92033.jpeg
552F2CDF-452A-44E8-87C6-D83C434F556C.jpeg
E9153F98-66D4-412E-B144-66E344C2F77D.jpeg
BC6C5EE8-2925-445C-B9F7-17E20AB6B6FC.jpeg
C0B7536C-E30A-4A57-9630-5485995F7B37.jpeg
E964557C-BAB1-4899-8087-30DFC87C9806.jpeg
CC08830B-E828-469A-817C-5ED7C5440EF3.jpeg
B3AA9089-041E-40AC-A095-B95351AD8FE5.jpeg