• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Burgers? Hell Yeah!!

Hey y'all looking through the sacred THP scrolls it is apparent that most awesome of foods is sorely neglected. That's right chidren's, I'm talkin' about BURGERS!! Sliders. Pub burgers. Fast food style burgers. Gastro burgers. Cheffy burgers. CHEESEBURGERS!!! Single and double meat. Triple meat. Extreme burgers. Man vs. Food burgers....the list is endless but y'all get the idea.

We won't go into the endless arguments of who created the first hamburger (Fletcher Davis) or what meat qualifies as a burger. Nonetheless....here are the rules for posting in this soon to be awesome thread:

1. Any meat goes. Beef, chicken, pork, lamb, rat, fish. Whatever, hunt it down and kill it with a knife. Its all good and I've included the options other than the traditional beef so all the kids can play in the pool. If its ground and round, its all good.

2. The damn 'thang has to be between 2 slices of bread or bun. White bread. Brioche. Sourdough. English muffin. Whole wheat. Its got to be bready. No wrap crap or wild pizza dough like chingaderra's.

3. Any cooking method goes. Grilled. Broiled. Griddled. Steamed. Deep fried. Zippo lighter.

4. Because I love to ridicule to no end tree hugging granola wimps and hippy's.....
Veggie burgers are all good. Just be prepared for the woe and gnashing of teeth and smack talk that will soon come if you post it. It will be all in fun and all good.

5. You suck at cooking? The only thing that would suck more is if you posted pics of your restaurant burger. For the sake of keeping the comedy rolling...
Any burger you didn't cook or you bought is allowed and is all good. Warning: while allowed, posting pics of BK burgers or their ilk with a splash of tabasco will bring upon you the most ridicule and insults. Even more than a veggie burger!

6. Chile's and/or hotsauce is mandatory on the burger. ON the burger, no crap on the side.

7. Pics are mandatory. No posting about a burger you made or ate without pics. You will suffer extreme ridicule and experience much loathing. Just don't do it.

8. Include a list of condiments and toppings. Mayo. Mustard. Onions. Cheese. Extract of male baboon spermatazoa. Whatever. Post it.

There it is y'all. Can you get down brown with it? Allrighty then...

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Here's mine. Sliders. 80/20 ground chuck from Matador Meat Market, Frisco, Tx. Cooked over fine diced yellow onions in cast iron using the smash technique. Toasted Pepperidge Farm slider buns with mustard, the onions, dill pickle and jalapeno pickle slices. Kraft brand American Plastic Cheese.

IMG_3447.jpg

Adult beverages are encouraged in the pics but not mandatory. Dig that awesome cast iron crust sear!

IMG_3448.jpg

So bring on your burgers. And that means those damn Aussie's and their stinkin' beet root too!!

I could woof half that burger down right now.............I've got the munchies...

Chris did you make two patties ? The bun looks bigger in the 1st photo................   ones..eyes get worse with age

PIC 1 said:
I could woof half that burger down right now.............I've got the munchies...

Chris did you make two patties ? The bun looks bigger in the 1st photo................   ones..eyes get worse with age
One 1 pound pattie....still hurting 

Wow......Boom,
That burger reminded of place back in the 60's here called "Wimpy's"...originally from the U.K.
Although the Chicago local has been gone since the 70's, I still remember the smell of a double burger with grilled onions and cheese steaming on the flat-top. Even though that was not a prime burger with todays standards, it was the scent in the air of the juicy non lean ground.......and the long lines of folks trying to grab a fast bite at lunch. Was well worth the wait.
Your version rocks, though.

A NEW Four Horseman Burger is coming...

100_0229.JPG

100_0230.JPG

Whew!  I am a little on fire and a little euphoric as I type this.  I saw the Four Horseman burger from Chunky's Burger in San Antonio on tv a while back.  I thought I could make my own, but kick it up even more.  I started with a little less than a lb of ground beef, added some worchestershire, chopped orange Primo (thanks Prodigal Son), thai chile, chocolate habanero powder, and onion powder.  I formed them into patties and popped them into the freezer for a bit.  In the meantime, I fried up some onions, and some bacon.  Time to cook, FAN ON HIGH!  After they were nice and crusy brown, but still juicy as hell, I topped with the onions then American and Cheddar Jack cheeses.  I toasted some butter buns, mayo on the bottom, then lettuce, tomato, pickles, the burger, bacon, the fourth horseman, scotch bonnet sauce, and the top bun.  Juicy, sheezy, and delicious.  Oh yeah, and hot too.

100_0231.JPG

100_0233.JPG

100_0236.JPG

100_0237.JPG

Geez Louise Jay was that 'thang hot or what?

You know me.

Tho' that lettuce on the ground.

Love the scheezenesxct.

Those burgers just reminded me that I got to get to the Try-N-Save for some stuff for meatballs.

The heat was there in different ways.  I got the heat from the sauce and powder pretty much right away, the little sting in the tongue from the Thai and the building long burning heat from the Primo and overall combination of everything.  It wasn't quite as bad as I expected because I went through it like this...
Yep, I snowplowed it!

Gott dammit. I want three of those.

Wait.

I want four of those. Yep. Four. That should do me.

Heh heh heh (I just said do me).

yeah yeah yeah. We get it. The TB doesn't like lettuce and Geeme doesn't like Black Pepper.

I don't like brown rice. I'm gonna start my own campaign.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpYEOg9JiLk&sns=em

I want maybe 1/4 of one of those - they're much more than I could eat, but I'd piehole every bit of that 1/4.

Scoville DeVille said:
I don't like brown rice. I'm gonna start my own campaign.

What's your point?  ;)

Oh Yea Ric Flair - Whooooo!

"I'm Ric Flair! The Stylin', profilin', limousine riding, jet flying, kiss-stealing, wheelin' n' dealin' son of a gun!"

Back