• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Burning again....!

I know...i'm lame...it hurts....bhut jolokia every where...Taj came over to watch the we old process of my sauce makiNG....had a great night....got stuck into some hot stuff...just burning....face on fire...hands on fire....argh!!! In going to bed...am lame lol!!! on fire....dam 'LUST' DAM 'Wrath of GOD!'

dave:flamethrower::hot::drunk::fire:

It wasn't that bad mate ... :)

At least we figured out there is something wrong with me ... the only thing that did burn me was the 7.5 million extract straight. Funny thing happened with the extract though, it was only uncomfortable hot (back of my throat) for a couple of minutes, but it did send a huge pain up my jaw bone / jaw muscles going up to my ear, like my mouth/tounge was never hot at all, just like a sharp pain going up the side of my face.

I couldn't taste the heat at all on Scorp's Habanero Concentrate sauce, but I know its hot. The night before I went over I had a big dessert spoon full of Wrath of God and it was just like normal hot sauce, not uncomfortable just warm. My brother dipped his little finger in and tasted some and went a little bit crazy, so I am beginning to think its just me.

I am thinking of putting a youtube video up where I will just drink half a bottle of habanero concentrate just for fun. And before you think it is Scorp's sauces, it really isn't ... I have given some to my mates and my family and it burns them ... and it's funny when it does :D

But it was a good night, lots of fun. Learnt a lot from Dave about sauce making, and I must say, he is really clean, very sterile through every step of the process. And god, his house smells so nice when he is cooking :D

Taj you may be one of of of.......them! A person who capsaicin has no effect on. Them. You have my utmost sympathy. To never feel the heat. Bummer bro.

Oh I feel heat, but it is just not as much as everyone else apparently does. But its alright by me really, after trying the 7.5 extract, it was fun but feeling like that at every meal, the heat was a bit too uncomfortable, where as I can cook with Scorp's hottest sauce, and it comes up really nice, for me, anyways :D But my stomach still feels the pain, as does the other end of me, that is the worst part for me ... in the mouth, its not that hot, but it does make me feel sick the next day.

Haha, yeah ... I don't know why, I get stomach cramps so bad I can barely walk, they last for a couple of minutes and then go away for about half an hour, then come back ... not fun :D

Yeah it was crazy....We dipped the chopstick in the 7.5 million extract...and Taj sat there going 'oooo...hmm yeah thats a little warm, im just waiting for it to kick in...Does it kick in?" he says...Im jumping all over the joint at this stage, attempting to keep my pride!

I think he is one of them...hes certainly a bit different is Taj...Heat just doesnt get him moving really in any way! Crazy....Not a good guy to tell me if my new sauce was hot...he just said, well its hotter than the 'Wrath of God'...Too funny!

Taj said:
...but my stomach still feels the pain, as does the other end of me, that is the worst part for me ... in the mouth, its not that hot, but it does make me feel sick the next day.

You are talking about chilli sauce... Aren't you?

ring sting said:
You are talking about chilli sauce... Aren't you?

Haha ... yes ... chilli sauce ... this one time, at chilli-camp ... I was drinking this sauce ...

So you can taste the differences in heat, but it's like your capsaicin receptors are dulled a bit? Wow that is interesting. How long have you been eating hot stuff? Maybe you have just killed all your tastebuds. People tell me that smoking and drinking may cause this too.

Back