• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Butch Scorpion

That really is odd, as they should have germinated by then, even if the conditions were not spectacular.
Well I personally had a wonderful experience with Neil's seeds. I think you should have told him. maybe was a bad batch or something happened (bad storage or something).

That really is odd, as they should have germinated by then, even if the conditions were not spectacular.
Well I personally had a wonderful experience with Neil's seeds. I think you should have told him. maybe was a bad batch or something happened (bad storage or something).

Yeah, because I hear other people have always had good experience with their seed - plus the price is fair, the shipping is fast and they are very pleasant to work with.

Maybe they have got some storage issues or something and every once in a while something like this happens.

Well problems are inevitable, the idea is to minimize them. once you know what happened, you can do your best it will never happen again.

Hot cherry, Numex Twillight, Fatalli, Jalapeno and I think one of the Habaneros...

I used the same thing I always use, vermiculite in little plastic cup things... The temperature was between 24 and 28 celsius, I waited for 2 months (3 weeks actively and then I just left them while I germinated Judy's seeds).

No, I didn't tell Neil - at that point I wasn't sure whether or not I was doing something wrong. Now I know, I wasn't.

EDIT: I was particularly surprised "Hot Cherry" didn't germinate, because there were a gazillion seeds in the pack... In the end only NuMex Twillight germinated with an "ok" rate.

well when my butch scorp grows big I will be a new source for butch seeds. ebay here they come!

ok these boys r just late sprouters
now I got 4 of the worlds hottest.

not a bad turn out so far.

if I can just get 1- 15 i will be a happy camper.

time to have the whole nieghborhood's mouths on fire.

So suddenly they germinate, after you repeatedly said Neil's seeds are no good. that's just wrong.

i never said they werent good. just said they were taking for ever to germinate..........

N neil is the only source for real Butch T scorps.

ebay is a big no go. thiers a lot of scammers who will sell u reg trinidads and call them butch Ts to make money off the uninformed.

NMSU will be a source in the near future. but theiers will be the 1.2 mill not the aussie 1.4 mill
I have no idea what you're talking about. Butch supplied many members here with the seeds. we all grew them and most saved seeds.

Hate to break your heart papadaca but the odds of anyone of us getting a pepper that hits 1.4 million on the Scoville scale is pretty remote. Takes some special doing to get a pepper with those numbers. I don't think anyone would want to eat one anyway.

Hate to break your heart papadaca but the odds of anyone of us getting a pepper that hits 1.4 million on the Scoville scale is pretty remote. Takes some special doing to get a pepper with those numbers. I don't think anyone would want to eat one anyway.

Id be up for the challenge. but first I would, eat a nice meal....................... and go buy a Gallon of Milk.

Back