• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Cajun Heat: Liquid Napalm & Voodoo Ash

After a small mix up, i finally got my sauce and spice today. Niceness!

I first opened up the side of the box containing the Voodoo Ash. The smell of the spice must leech through the packaging or had a little residue on the bottle because it smelled fantastic. I opened up the jar and it smelled just as good. Took a good sprinkle on the tongue and gave it a good swirl around. It's mild to medium hot with quite a lot of saltiness. I won't say that's a bad thing, it's just not what i typically would sprinkle right into my mouth. I can already imagine how awesome this is going to taste on some shrimp or a burger or even on some rice. It's 1000x better than any of the commercial Cajun blends I've bought. It's better than Emeril's "bam" stuff, better than McCormick's "Cajun spice", etc.

Next i tried the Liquid Napalm. Now, this stuff smells pretty good and is very dark in color. It's very chunky for a "sauce" but not so much that it could be confused for a salsa. The ingredients are kind of vague as it says "if you knew what was in it you would not eat it" and follows with vinegar, habanero, and Cajun spices. I promptly poured a nice spoonful upon opening. It has a very heady spice aroma and a noticeable difference from a standard "peppers/garlic/vinegar" sauce. The flavor was a bit salty, very spicy, and a slow and steady burn. The flavor lasts for a long while before the heat hits you. It hits pretty hard and i can't tell if this has extract or not. I'm wagering not, simply from the burn which faded smoothly and gradually after a long time. This is a pretty damn hot sauce. While not the hottest I've tasted, it's certainly up there as a hotter sauce. I'd rate it as a high medium level hotness. It certainly made my face sweat a bit and my tongue feel like i drank my coffee too hot. The only thing that's throwing me off (after a second spoonful) is the chunks. For me, it's almost too chunky, but i like a smoother consistency anyway.

To wrap it up i have to say that Clement is a pleasure to buy from. I think there could certainly be a nice fan base. This stuff will make killer additives to a lot of future dinners.

Thanks Clement!:onfire:

Sounds like some interesting products. This the guy from VA? I think I sent him an email, but got no response. :(

fineexampl said:
Yep! Virginia indeed.

I have to say, i can still taste the sauce even now.

Yeah, he is about an hour away from me. I should scoop him up and drag him to Weekend of Fire, and thrust him head first into the world of chileheads. :onfire:

Good idea Buddah! Make sure he brings his goodies with him I want to try some of his stuff. I always like to buy stuff first hand. Why pay the post office if you don't have to?

I made up some voodoo ash grits/polenta (with fresh basil and sweet pepper) for breakfast for tomorrow. i think it might be a tad hotter than i thought. either that or my pot has capsaicin embedded in it from hot sauce making day.

fineexampl said:
After a small mix up, i finally got my sauce and spice today. Niceness!

I first opened up the side of the box containing the Voodoo Ash. The smell of the spice must leech through the packaging or had a little residue on the bottle because it smelled fantastic. I opened up the jar and it smelled just as good. Took a good sprinkle on the tongue and gave it a good swirl around. It's mild to medium hot with quite a lot of saltiness. I won't say that's a bad thing, it's just not what i typically would sprinkle right into my mouth. I can already imagine how awesome this is going to taste on some shrimp or a burger or even on some rice. It's 1000x better than any of the commercial Cajun blends I've bought. It's better than Emeril's "bam" stuff, better than McCormick's "Cajun spice", etc.

Next i tried the Liquid Napalm. Now, this stuff smells pretty good and is very dark in color. It's very chunky for a "sauce" but not so much that it could be confused for a salsa. The ingredients are kind of vague as it says "if you knew what was in it you would not eat it" and follows with vinegar, habanero, and Cajun spices. I promptly poured a nice spoonful upon opening. It has a very heady spice aroma and a noticeable difference from a standard "peppers/garlic/vinegar" sauce. The flavor was a bit salty, very spicy, and a slow and steady burn. The flavor lasts for a long while before the heat hits you. It hits pretty hard and i can't tell if this has extract or not. I'm wagering not, simply from the burn which faded smoothly and gradually after a long time. This is a pretty damn hot sauce. While not the hottest I've tasted, it's certainly up there as a hotter sauce. I'd rate it as a high medium level hotness. It certainly made my face sweat a bit and my tongue feel like i drank my coffee too hot. The only thing that's throwing me off (after a second spoonful) is the chunks. For me, it's almost too chunky, but i like a smoother consistency anyway.

To wrap it up i have to say that Clement is a pleasure to buy from. I think there could certainly be a nice fan base. This stuff will make killer additives to a lot of future dinners.

Thanks Clement!:onfire:

I'm glad you liked it. The ingredients for the hot sauce are just what's in it. Not much to the sauce at all. A lil vinegar, pepper mash, and my spice blend. The sauce use to be chunkier but I thinned it out quite a bit. I use this sauce more as a paste. I'd grill a piece of chicken and spoon the sauce onto afterward.

I'm currently making a milder sauce and then will attempt a hotter sauce that flows better.

Buddah said:
Sounds like some interesting products. This the guy from VA? I think I sent him an email, but got no response. :(

Sorry, but I didn't get a message from you. Was it sent here or to my email address? It's possible it somehow went to my spam folder. If you emailed cajunheat@cajunheat.com then that email has been a pain lately, not posting messages for a couple of days after they were sent. You can also try cajunheat@gmail.com

Buddah said:
Yeah, he is about an hour away from me. I should scoop him up and drag him to Weekend of Fire, and thrust him head first into the world of chileheads. :onfire:

This is the first weekend of August right? I doubt I'll be able to get off of work, but I'll try. I have yet to attend any sort of trade show; I bet its a great time.

Got my spice and sauce yesterday but have not tried it yet. Will try them this evening since I have my "pepper tasting buddy" coming over. Thanks for the quick shipment Clement.

AlabamaJack said:
Got my spice and sauce yesterday but have not tried it yet. Will try them this evening since I have my "pepper tasting buddy" coming over. Thanks for the quick shipment Clement.

I have two favorite meals in which I use my spice. One is shrimp sauteed with a butter spray and the other is grilled pork. For each, I only sprinkle the desired amount and cook. Fairly simple and great tasting.

I am making 9 racks of ribs this coming Friday (the 4th) for my family...this is what I wanted the rub/spice for.

Have you (Clement) ever heard of Monkey Dust (Sickmont - have you?)...

It was made in south Florida back in the late 70s early 80s and was THE best seafood spick I have ever used..

I have tried to find it and not been successful...would love to have the recipe for it...

AlabamaJack said:
I am making 9 racks of ribs this coming Friday (the 4th) for my family...this is what I wanted the rub/spice for.

Have you (Clement) ever heard of Monkey Dust (Sickmont - have you?)...

It was made in south Florida back in the late 70s early 80s and was THE best seafood spick I have ever used..

I have tried to find it and not been successful...would love to have the recipe for it...

Hey AJ, try this link:
http://denrig.com/EvergladesSeasoning.html

Hope this helps, bro!
Cheers!

Sickmont said:
Hey AJ, try this link:
http://denrig.com/EvergladesSeasoning.html

Hope this helps, bro!
Cheers!

THAT'S IT MY MAN....GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!!!!!!

I have been after this stuff for years now...

thank you from within my friend...just ordered a pound of it...and yes, it has MSG in it but it is still good...

AlabamaJack said:
THAT'S IT MY MAN....GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!!!!!!

I have been after this stuff for years now...

thank you from within my friend...

No problem, bro.

Just be careful....its got MSG in it

cajunheat said:
This is the first weekend of August right? I doubt I'll be able to get off of work, but I'll try. I have yet to attend any sort of trade show; I bet its a great time.

Loads of fun. Would be worth it even if you were going to just hang out and take up all the happenings. I sent you a message in your inbox.

AlabamaJack said:

So...how did the tasting go?

cajunheat said:
So...how did the tasting go?

the spice is exactly what I wanted for the ribs....made the mistake of eating some naga morich paste first and there were no taste buds left for the rest of the evening...we should have tasted the liquid napalm first...

I will taste it again this evening...

Back