• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Can I help the pods ripen

Hi guys
I have 2 Douglah plants that have quite a few good sized pods that are still green. The plants have really gone mad over the last few weeks and are still growing taller and producing more flowers. The weather here is getting cooler now so is there anything I can do to the plant so the pods I do have ripen rather than the plant growing anymore?
Cheers
Daz

Hi guys
I have 2 Douglah plants that have quite a few good sized pods that are still green. The plants have really gone mad over the last few weeks and are still growing taller and producing more flowers. The weather here is getting cooler now so is there anything I can do to the plant so the pods I do have ripen rather than the plant growing anymore?
Cheers
Daz

Green house, growhouse, conservatory, polly tunnel.... Basically any place warm and sunny.

While outside just like posted above a greenhouse will do it for ya. Once the first frost is predicted just bring them inside.. One year I had 6 plants just loaded with green pods in late October. Brought them inside and every pod ripened within a week.
Good Luck!
Brandon

Back