• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Can this season get any worse?

Well since my first season was almost done, I didn't want to post anything and save it for next year (also because they are tiny compared too the huge plants on this forum :)) The weather hasnt been exactly helping either this year and after some struggling we had the grand finale last night. A really local almost tropical (hail)storm hit my town and did alot of damage to my plants. At that moment I was at work so I couldnt do anything about it and feared the worst. Luckily my girlfriend had a clear moment and snagged the plants inside during the hailstorm. Although they did suffer alot of damage, after checking them today it wasnt as bad as I suspected last night. Below are some pictures to illustrate the damage and havoc. Most of the plants lost alot of leaves, flowers and small pods. The pods wich I isolated were still on!

The average size of the hailstones
IMAG0593.jpg

The Numex Pinata, still has the biggest pod but with a splitted branch
IMAG0587.jpg

IMAG0590.jpg

IMAG0586.jpg

IMAG0585.jpg

IMAG0584.jpg

IMAG0583.jpg

This is what they look like after I cleaned them up and removed the dead leaves
IMAG0592.jpg

The waste
IMAG0591.jpg

Nothing to do with the plants, but I took this picture at my work
IMAG0560.jpg

Sorry to see that happen.......how olds the cat, it has some wild stripes, we have 3 of our own

She just turned seven and we are nothing but her loyal servants. I mean, that kitty has an attitude ;) Got another one, wich is almost completely black with white hair between the legs, like he is wearing underpants :lol:

Irene took out 30 of my plants, so I know the pain!!It really sucks!!

Yeah, I can only imagine :(

Well, I bet they recover. Quick thinking by the girlfriend. Seems like she has her priorities sorted! :rofl: Maybe time to get that girl a ring! :rofl:

I hope they do, I have to get them inside soon tho, the temperature is dropping quickly at night. Yeah, I guess I'm a lucky sob :lol:

Thanks everyone for the kind words, really appreciate it.

With the size of those stones, I'd worry more about my car than my plants. Last time I saw hail stones that big, I was in Savannah, GA in July of 1995. It went from 98F to 50F in 5 minutes. It wasn't pretty.

Back