• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Candied peppers

It's about damned time someone does this. I've dipped a few in chocolate before, but this is what i'm talking about. Too bad my family is full of wusses, those would make great Christmas gifts.

JayT said:
Well fineexampl...? The taste test? Details please.
Oh man, they're really really good! Nice and gingery and you get a nice kick. They're chewy like i was hoping for too. Golden yellow on the inside.

Armadillo said:
And that Harald Zoschke who wrote the recipe lives in the Lake Constance area now... :cool:

Here's his site: http://pepperworld.com/

Hey Armadillo-
I'm a dumbass. I can not find the recipe on that site- I'm guessing that's because I can't read German. Can you help me out and post the recipe you're using?

Hinky said:
Hey Armadillo-
I'm a dumbass. I can not find the recipe on that site- I'm guessing that's because I can't read German. Can you help me out and post the recipe you're using?
The recipe and the site linked above are in English man. Click the other link and you can search for it.

Armadillo said:
And that syrup! Oh that syrup! Had it on vanilla ice cream with some blackthorn liquor!
Amen! i've been using it in coffee and tea. It's thick like honey. Try adding ginger or lemon zest to the syrup for added flavor. You will NOT be sorry. :shocked:

fineexampl said:
here we go!

Ginger candied hungarian wax peppers seasoned in the candying process with fresh bhut jolokia and multi-chile powder,

I guess this is why I learned to love this forum in such a short time. People who season chilepeppers with more chile when they make candy can't be bad:rolleyes:

Hinky said:
Done, got it, printing now, will be elbows deep in the kitchen this afternoon. Thanks!

:D You'll be elbows deep in your kitchen for a WEEK! Well, about half an hour a day. And it's absolutely worth wile!

Oh that syrup! :oops: I think I'm repeating myself...

Armadillo said:
:D You'll be elbows deep in your kitchen for a WEEK! Well, about half an hour a day. And it's absolutely worth wile!

Oh that syrup! :oops: I think I'm repeating myself...
i'll be reusing that syrup again soon. I found some gorgeous orange habs. I'm gonna do a private batch for myself. Enough of this mild shit. I want hot candies!:mouthonfire:

fineexampl said:
i'll be reusing that syrup again soon. I found some gorgeous orange habs. I'm gonna do a private batch for myself. Enough of this mild shit. I want hot candies!:mouthonfire:

I'd like to know how often you could reuse the syrup for candying hot peppers before it is saturated and doesn't take up any more capsaicin and aroma!

i'm back at it again. This time with orange habs!
IMG_0549.jpg

I love that jar!
But what do you need this slightly milk flavored water left of it for? Washing your hands after cutting peppers?;)

Armadillo said:
I love that jar!
But what do you need this slightly milk flavored water left of it for? Washing your hands after cutting peppers?;)

:rolleyes:It's fortified skim, not normal skim. i use it in my raisin bran.

fineexampl said:
:rolleyes:It's fortified skim, not normal skim. i use it in my raisin bran.

FORTIFIED SKIM? :shocked: In Germany full milk / regular milk has 3,5% fat, fat reduced milk has 1,5%. That's the minimum for a minimum of taste. I tried skim accidentally in the States. It's scary!

Back