• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Can't get seeds to germinate

Which method are you using? What type of peppers? If soil, which soil? How much water? What temperature do you have the germination medium?

Do you have them on a heating mat, or some other heat source? What are the temperatures? What types are you germinating? What method do you use to germinate? Where did you get the seeds?

All those are factors...Many superhots can and usually will, take up to a month if not longer. 

I use a heat may with 3 settings and I also use a heat light. I just found out that the seeds I planted were reapers ( didn't think I had any). I got them from pepper lover.

Perhaps you should try the paper towel method.you can use a plastic container or Ziploc baggie and place on top of your refrigerator and wait a week or so....

Epicfire said:
I have been trying to germinate the seeds for around 7 days and nothing is happening. Any advice?
Stare at them real hard in the closet of your room. Then take them outside in a wind storm and kiss each one.  Then you want to take them to the back of your yard east side. Stick them out there for 3 days. Then post pics and tell us what you are growing and I thought you had NO seeds just yesterday?

sicman said:
Stare at them real hard in the closet of your room. Then take them outside in a wind storm and kiss each one.  Then you want to take them to the back of your yard east side. Stick them out there for 3 days. Then post pics and tell us what you are growing and I thought you had NO seeds just yesterday?
:censored:  !

sicman said:
I told you I had some I thought I did. Why is no one else saying that. They know I had habanero seeds and I just remembered that I labeled them wrong.

Why is everyone always angry at me I told you all I had orange habaneros, and then I realised that the unlabled bag which I thought was habaneros turned out to be reapers from 2 years ago. I found that out when I was cleaning my desk and found the Orange Habanero Seeds.

Edit: maybe I should leave this forum if people get upset when I said I had orange Habanero seeds (it was an unlabled bag) and I find out that they were reapers, because I found the real habanero seeds somewhere else.

Edit 2: I asked where to get seeds yesterday and I dont remember saying I didn't have any. on my profile it says Orange Habanero under seeds avaliable for trade.

Epicfire said:
Why is everyone always angry at me I told you all I had orange habaneros, and then I realised that the unlabled bag which I thought was habaneros turned out to be reapers from 2 years ago. I found that out when I was cleaning my desk and found the Orange Habanero Seeds.

Edit: maybe I should leave this forum if people get upset when I said I had orange Habanero seeds (it was an unlabled bag) and I find out that they were reapers, because I found the real habanero seeds somewhere else.

Edit 2: I asked where to get seeds yesterday and I dont remember saying I didn't have any. on my profile it says Orange Habanero under seeds avaliable for trade.

Who got mad? Chill, Willy! I think Sicman was just poking at you a little. Trying to make you do a silly voodoo ritual.

7 days? Just be patient. Some varieties (espicially superhots) can take up to a month to germinate. Gotta be able to take some constructive criticism, brother man.

Phil said:

Who got mad? Chill, Willy! I think Sicman was just poking at you a little. Trying to make you do a silly voodoo ritual.

7 days? Just be patient. Some varieties (espicially superhots) can take up to a month to germinate. Gotta be able to take some constructive criticism, brother man.
He said I told everyone I didn't have seeds and he left the private converstation without saying a thing.

Well, if there was a misunderstanding, just explain where the misunderstanding was. No need to get defensive about it. There are lots of rational folks here. People generally understand that inflection and other nuances of face to face speech can get lost in type. Maybe he just had the impression that you didn't have seeds. Simply explain this wasn't the case, and perhaps you hadn't made it clear. All's well. No worries.

EpicFire, cool handle & very cool avatar. All you need now is a cool head.
If that's all it takes to get your goat you got bigger problems outside this forum. ;)
Majority of people here are very laid back and don't mind a little trash talk as long as you can take what you dish out. All Sic did was test the thickness of your skin. Read some of the older posts and you'll see what is considered normal here. Leaving the forum is only gonna hurt you so I'd say you should stick around and enjoy the knowledge being handed out and don't sweat the small talk.

Back