• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

CAPCOMS "15/16" refined GLOG

Finally, I will be putting together a grow based mainly on my preferences to taste and heat and not a blind ambitions of a newbie grower. Sometime today I will be sowing the upcoming seasons hot pepper seeds. I will be creating my grow list on the fly. I dont know if I can keep it under 100 varieties but that's the goal. 350+ last year was a 1st and a last of that magnitude for me, or at least til I get my plantation.
A couple of varieties still elude me as they have not yet appeared on the seed train, Chocolate Reaper and chocolate Lava. I will be growing lots of chocolates this year and have my eyes open for these 2.
List to follow.

But first, The festivities.
Merry Christmas!

GALAPAGOENSE
BHUT CHOCOLATE SMOOTH
MORUGA CARMAL
SCORPION CHOCOLATE*     
WARTYRX VARIANT    
MUTT    
NAGLAH RED
RING OF FIRE    
BHUT MUSTARD    
PRIMO RED    
7 POT BRAIN RED    
RAINFOREST    
BRAINSTRAIN CHOCOLATE    
SEPIA SERPEANT
CHOCOLATE DEVILS TONGUE    
BORG 9 RED SHORT    
PRIMO YELLOW    
7 POT PRIMO    
NAGA VIPER    
BBM    
WILD TEPIN
CUMARI DO PARA
BORG 9 RED LONG    
SCORPION KRAKEN    
7 POT CARMAL    
YAKI BROWN    
BENGAL NAGA PEACH
SATANS KISS
MADD BALLZ    
SCOTCH BONNET CHOCOLATE
BBG LONG PHENOL    
7 POT SR STRAIN    
NAGA CAPPUCCINO    
AJI FANTASY    
CAP 1477
MADD BALLZ CARMAL    
SCOTCH BONNET PINK    
BBG7 RED    
7 POT LAVA    
DATIL    
DEVILS BRAIN    
CP337
MADD BALLZ RED    
SCOTCH BONNET YELLOW MOA    
BBG7 CHOCOLATE    
7 POT BURGUNDY    
BRAZILIAN GHOST RED    
DEVILS HEART    
MYSTERY RED CP
MADD BALLZ 7    
SCOTCH BONNET RED MOA    
BBG7 CHOCOLATE LONG    
7 POT CHOCOLATE    
BRAZILIAN GHOST BROWN    
BULLS HEART    
CLONER SEED
BHUT RED LONG    
SCOTCH BONNET MYSTERY JAMAICA    
SCORPION TRIN ORANGE    
7 POT WHITE    
TRINIDAD PERFUME    
BLACK SCORPION TONGUE    
CHOCOLATE LAVA*
BHUT ORANGE    
SCOTCH BONNET MOA    
SCORPION ICESCREAM    
BRIAN STRAIN CHOCOLATE    
BHUTLAH CHOCOLATE    
UBSC    
CPR*
BHUT CARBON    
SCOTCH BONNET CAPPUCCINO    
SCORPION TRIN RED    
SUGAR RUSH PEACH    
REAPER X BRAINSTRAIN    
BOC    
BHUT CARMAL    
SCOTCH BONNET MOA    
SCORPION CARDI RED    
DAISY CUTTER    
NAGA CHOCOLATE BRAINSTRAIN    
MADAME JEANETTE    
BHUT CHOCOLATE LONG    
SCOTCH BONNET ORANGE    
TRIN CHOCOLATE BEAN    
CAROLINA REAPER    
PGS X PRIMO 7    
MADAME JEANETTE X GORONONG    
BHUT BROWN ISO    
SCOTCH BONNET MOA    
SCORPION  TRIN BT X DOUGLAH BROWN    
PIMENT D' ESPELTT'E    
BIH CARMAL    
ORCHID RUBY    
DOUGLAH SWIRL HEAT
subject to change

I can help you out with some gnarly chocolate lava seed if you want.

Have you seen Butch T's new CPR (chocolate primo reaper)? Very gnarly reaper/primo look. Butch isn't sure which it is. I can send a few of these if you don't already have.

Scorched said:
I can help you out with some gnarly chocolate lava seed if you want.
Have you seen Butch T's new CPR (chocolate primo reaper)? Very gnarly reaper/primo look. Butch isn't sure which it is. I can send a few of these if you don't already have.

That sounds great Tony, I'll PM you L8R.

D3monic said:
I must be one the odd men out. I don't care for the taste of chocolates. Too battery acid like for me. Closest i've liked so far was black Devils tongue
You are right in a way, but it just has to do more with individual tastes. Unlike many, I do not like fatalis.

I started going through my seed bank and WOW. So intimidating. And I know it is yet, dwarfed by other growers collections. Anyone know of an up and running DB program for peppers?
That would really come in handy and as much as I would like to, I dont have the background or the time to create one.

In any case, I thought I was simply going to go through my collection an just, pick em out. HA!                     HA!  HA!

Should have started this in June.

Wow Cap, when you said only your personal preferences I was expecting maybe 20 types. Great to hear you've got at last a hundred tried and true to grow again. This is going to be fun to follow

CAPCOM said:
Anyone know of an up and running DB program for peppers?
That would really come in handy and as much as I would like to, I dont have the background or the time to create one.

I just use an Excel spread sheet.
Easy enough to just plug in your different peppers, origin, heat level, number grown, date planted, etc, etc.

winland said:

I just use an Excel spread sheet.
Easy enough to just plug in your different peppers, origin, heat level, number grown, date planted, etc, etc.

D3monic said:

That's what I use is a excel spreadsheet, I keep a copy on drop box so I can share it for trades and stuff. https://www.dropbox.com/s/453c2f3opk1aalo/Pepper%20Seed%20spreadsheet%20excel.xls?dl=0
Yeah, thats what I have been using. I was looking for more of a single point on entry and automatic coralation from there. Am thinking I will have to learn access..

CAPCOM said:

Yeah, thats what I have been using. I was looking for more of a single point on entry and automatic coralation from there. Am thinking I will have to learn access..

I think that can be done within Excel and using multiple sheets.  What kind of reporting are you looking for?

Genetikx said:
Wow Cap, when you said only your personal preferences I was expecting maybe 20 types. Great to hear you've got at last a hundred tried and true to grow again. This is going to be fun to follow
Yeah I know, And I did keep it fairly simple. I got my favorites going and added some I wanted to really give some scrutiny in an extreme way. I also wanted to try some that I have been hearing about but have not become available through the trains or out right advertising. I have a potential 4 way cross I am considering working on.

bpiela said:

I think that can be done within Excel and using multiple sheets.  What kind of reporting are you looking for?
db entry screen that automatically enters data into the spreadsheet in its appropriate cells, without having to open the xls and scrolling down 500+ cells. And possibly if you are in the xls file and scrolling down for inventory purposes or whatever, clicking on a particular variety would open up the db screen for editing. which is why I am thinking access could be one answer.

Well, it has not been the great start I had hoped for. I planted on the 26th and when not much happened soon enough, I planted a second time. Still really slow. It may just be an issue with knowing how much moisture the rock wool holds and what is too much. Seems a little moist on the bottom. Will leave the dome of for a while. The only thing hooking on my bulk tray is xalapas.

I find that if I just forget about my seeds and neglect to acknowledge their existence for a week or so they start hooking left and right.

I'm not sure just how effective that really is.

I sometimes get in the same situation, worried things aren't germinating. Then I try a new germ method and all the originals start to pop. Might want to try that out.

CAPCOM said:

Need to make an app for it.

Far too much time has past since I have been on here to update. Finally got some seeds to cooperate and not only germ, but grow and continue to do so. I am now looking at one of my best starts yet considering the late starts and all. I am grateful to Mike at grow big hydroponics for the supply of Guardian that eliminated the aphid outbreak that has been my biggest nemesis to pepper grow starts. I am also going to thank Scott at Oregons only for the sample pack of Nectar of the Gods nutrient line. My plants have never looked better and I just added bloom kaos and KRACKEN to the feeding.

Pics to follow

20160426_204054.jpg

The pic does them no justice.
These are decidedly larger since I last posted. Will need to go to larger pots very soon #3s #5s and #7s.

Back