• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

CAPCOMS COCOA GROW 2017

I am starting early this year. maybe 3-4 weeks left here for outdoor growing and it will be time to put most of it to rest. I will be bringing a few plants indoors for the winter and as such, my seed starts my be more restricted this year. Lots of white flies showing up this fall and I would like to check them before the indoor retreat. Aphids? Yeah, they may hitch a ride but they are of no concern to me.

Big changes to next years grow. going to container grow again, but I am upgrading to 10 and 15 gal pots. haven't decided which yet though. 10s are wider and 15 gal are deeper.

I will continue using Nectar for the Gods nutrient line as it has not let me down and I am making inquiries as to setting up a tea making process as well.

My seed starts will be determined by what varieties I can obtain in the next few months and my inventory. I will post a list of them shortly, as well as my extended grow plants.

Oh, why cocoa grow 2017? cause 95% of my grow this coming year is going to be chocolates. So I will be looking for anything and everything chocolate and high heat is of no concern.

Yaki brown was pretty decent. I just soaked some myself for a cross this year. Nice foliage on it too with the purples. One of the few chocolates i've enjoyed. 

What about Aji Panca? Doesn't have chocolate in the name but they are brown. I got seeds

Kraken is a chocolate. I got some f3 seeds

Swiss Chocolate (no idea what these tasted like, don't even remember who i got seeds from)

Then there's jamaican hot chocolate. I've grown it but don't see any seeds in my folder. 

Ajijoes chocolate hand grenade as well.

CAPCOM said:
Grow list update
Chocolate Primo ISO
Chocolate lava
Chocolate Bhut Long
Kracken Scorpion
7 Pot Rennie Chocolate
Chocolate Reaper Scorpion
Chocolate Bhutlah SM
Chocolate MaddBallz
Chocolate MaddBallz Fat F1 ISO
Brown Moruga Huge Pheno w/ Stingers
Chocolate moruga brains
Chocolate naga Brains ISO
Chocolate scorpion
Chocoate Brazilian Brain Strain
Chocolate Barrackpore
Big Caramel Mama
Moruga UV Chocolate pheno
Swiss Chocolate Bonnet
Chocolate Fatali
Chocolate moruga
Chocolate Naga Brain
Chocolate Bhut smooth
Chocolate Devils Tongue
Chocolate BBG
CPR
Chocolate Borg 9
Chocolate Bhutlah
Douglah
Chocolate 7 pot
Chocolate Reaper
7 Pot Burgundy
Chocolate Brain Strain
Serrano
Xalapa
Scotch Bonnet MOA yellow
Scotch Bonnet MOA red
Sepia serpent
Chocolate Bonnet
BBM
UMCD
Yaki Brown
Polumbo
still subject to update
Wow, Cap....Chocolate heaven. Any pics or an update of seedlings in that rock wool slab?

I haven't tried one of the slabs yet.

Maybe I'll throw in a hot Jamaican so I can fill up your seed folder. The Swiss chocolate is a choc scotch bonnet.
I looked for the hand grenade a grow or two ago and came up empty. It with time became absent from thought. As far as aji panca, I really didn't consider bacatuums because most to me are soapy or concentrate their burn to the tongue like hot needles.

I will get and update pick of what is sown. Many are not yet and some just recently. And yet some have been very stuborn to sprouting.

20170121_110300.jpg

20170121_110324.jpg

Just got back from grow big hydroponics with 8 15 gal and 2 20 gal containers. 1 of my bails of sunshine and a huge bag of worm castings. Going to be bust tonight after lights out.

Nice looking slab...and hell ya to the new 15 ans 20's!!  :dance:

I plan on getting the next size down plugs (mini starter cubes) for my next round of seeds.

After cutting open the 1.5" cubes for transplanting I can easily scale my cube size down...lots of green coming up for you :cheers:

Ohhh! The agony. It made it to 55° here today and when it does that, you know what is going through your mind.

I finally got 1 chocolate primo to break surface. And chocolate reapers are inbound. And just about everything is textbook.

CAPCOM said:
Just added Butch T x black bhut, Jays choc ghost scorpion x ???, Congo x Butch T, choc scotch bonnet, bhut x choc habanero, cappuccino scotch bonnet, Aji Jobito x BBG7 choc, MA SBN chocolate.

Wow!  I can't wait for your seed train next year...  ;)

1-30-17 update

20170129_164816.jpg

Rock wool has proved again to not be the best method for germinating seeds. I will probably use Dixie cups and growing mix from here on out.
I will use what I have for this year and make the adjustment for future grows. I have about half the grow pictured and about that much more germinating. Plus as always a few last minute add-ons. I should be close to 100 plants this year with 90%ish being chocolate.

Ouch on the rock wool experiment....I wonder if it has to do with it being a massive slab vs individual cubes?

Nice clean and orderly Cap...hope all goes well for you with the rest of your grow :cheers:

I have a few more flats of rock wool. I theorize the problem may be the dept of the preformed holes. After the pre-soaking a high percentage of water is retained in the bottom 30% of the cells subjecting the seeds to severe moisture. I may collapse the walls a bit to create a higher germination base within the cells and give it another shot.

In any event, I have begun a bumper crop of the entire grow in sunshine mix. The chocolate reapers never made it. It appears customs got them, what a shame. I have depleted a few varieties and await my turn with the seed train.

I have seen so many different offerings of chocolate lately that I may be in deep trouble come next year, as I am again considering increasing the grow. OH BOY!

Ya, I don't like using the pre made holes.

I make new hole with chop stick tip 1/8" deep or slightly deeper, then push the top of the side wall over to slightly close the cell.

Those pre made holes have always given me problems, even when cloning. Far to many times they will dampen off.

I do have to maintain moisture with a spray bottom so the tops of the cubes remain moist, vs the bottom third holding all the moisture when germinating.

Masher said:
Ya, I don't like using the pre made holes.

I make new hole with chop stick tip 1/8" deep or slightly deeper, then push the top of the side wall over to slightly close the cell.

Those pre made holes have always given me problems, even when cloning. Far to many times they will dampen off.

I do have to maintain moisture with a spray bottom so the tops of the cubes remain moist, vs the bottom third holding all the moisture when germinating.

Precisely what I have found in both counts.

Planted 72 cells today. We'll see how the germ rates and times pan out this time around. Basically a bumber crop as previously stated. Starting to get excited about this years prospects. Looks like I have some good germs on the CPRs, choc reaper scorpions and chocolate primos

Back