• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

CAPCOMS COCOA GROW 2017

I am starting early this year. maybe 3-4 weeks left here for outdoor growing and it will be time to put most of it to rest. I will be bringing a few plants indoors for the winter and as such, my seed starts my be more restricted this year. Lots of white flies showing up this fall and I would like to check them before the indoor retreat. Aphids? Yeah, they may hitch a ride but they are of no concern to me.

Big changes to next years grow. going to container grow again, but I am upgrading to 10 and 15 gal pots. haven't decided which yet though. 10s are wider and 15 gal are deeper.

I will continue using Nectar for the Gods nutrient line as it has not let me down and I am making inquiries as to setting up a tea making process as well.

My seed starts will be determined by what varieties I can obtain in the next few months and my inventory. I will post a list of them shortly, as well as my extended grow plants.

Oh, why cocoa grow 2017? cause 95% of my grow this coming year is going to be chocolates. So I will be looking for anything and everything chocolate and high heat is of no concern.

My bumper crop planted on 2/6.
20170210_201652.jpg

JoeMay said:
Is it sunshine mix that you are using on the new batch?

Yes, it is. And the hooks are jumping out constantly right now.
I was using pro-mix last year and still would be but my grow shop is selling me the sunshine for 26.00 a bale. The only difference that I can tell between them is the pro-mix already has Mykos.

I must have planted several seed in loose media as the are as many helmet heads popping up. I have come across a new way to remove the hulls without doing botanical surgery. I use a marinade injection needle to place and maintain a drop of water on the hull to keep it moist. The water works its way inside and loosens up. Either that sprout will shed it by it self or a slight dragging of the back edge of a scalpel across it will slide it off. This has worked on 8 so far today.

My SM SBN and Jays chocolate ghost scorpions just popped. I found the Jays peach ghost scorpions to be hard on my digestive system. I am hoping the chocolate version is more to my liking. The SM SBN were offered to me by another member in the U.K. I cannot wait to see how these taste. The bumper crop is doing exceedingly well in germ and progress.

Pic coming when time permits.

Glad the chocolate jigsaw is complete ... you won't be disappointed by the SBN to me it had the perfect colour, shape and soft skin looking forward to seeing this glog over the next months

Looking good CAP, I have been keeping my room at 81F...things are really happening now.

The rock wool was good for this yr, but I too had really great results with direct sow in soil for the second round seeds.

you are going to be very busy really soon it looks like.  ;)

On the 16th of Feb, I planted what seems to be the final chapter of my personal grow for 2017. waiting patiently, but still waiting for HOOKS!
Last night I transplanted 20 from Dixie 3oz cups to solo cups. I will be doing likewise with the upcoming bumper crop in the next few days.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I am trying to stay under 100 :)

Good Luck with that.
I think the only way that can be achieved is in Jan, you count 100 seeds and burn the rest.

I dont think I have ever grown less than 100 since I found this place.

Back