• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Carolina Reaper (HP22B) Community Grow

A few members including myself are growing seeds for this variety ASAP. I and a few others here on THP thought it would be fun to have a "community glog" strictly for this variety, a fun thread about the HP22B and growing this pepper for the first time.

I think we should start a community glog like this anytime there is a new pepper with alot of attention and alot of people growing it, possible world record holder or not. It would be fun, and this should be fun! That's why we all love this hobby is it not?

Therefore, this will be a drama-free, controversy-free, fun glog for all of us growers and others to enjoy. If you grow, please chime in. If you're growing this variety, please post pictures and chime in about your observations.

Again.. This thread is ment to be fun and informative, but mostly fun :)
Please. Pretty please with sugar on top.. lol. Keep it drama-free.
I, and many others would really appreciate this thread to stay that way.

Now lets get to growing!

IMG_3008.jpg

I went with the paper towel method for this guy just like I have with all my mid-season starts. It is far from my favorite way to germinate seeds but I'm in no hurry this time of year which is why I went this route. I've had the seeds in the paper towel for about a week now on top of my HOT5 lighting closet. The seeds should be showing root tips soon, then they will be visiting some real soil :D

How's it going for everyone else?

Brandon

Ok....as promised before...here is pictures of my Reaper Peppers...

They are turning out to be growing TRUE with no worries! :D Nice tails developing and the pimples are forming well too :D

Heres some pictures......more can be seen in my GLOG on here as well...link below...

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/36909-bakers-peppers-2013-glog/

Sizzling Salutations!,
Dale Baker Jr
Baker's Peppers LLC
www.BakersPeppers.com

Reapers grown in Land O' Lakes, FL Spring 2013 pictured below.....

Attachments

• CAM00425.jpg
    CAM00425.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 50
  • CAM00427.jpg
    CAM00427.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 46
  • CAM00429.jpg
    CAM00429.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 50
Could be the pictures but I wouldn't call those "true to form". The skin is too smooth. Go back a page and look at ColoradoRonin's or Periperi's. Big difference from those. Hopefully as your plants developed they'll get a gnarlier look to them. Good luck!

i was just wondering if anyone that is growing the reaper from pepperjoe has some pods that even resemble a real reaper?? all im seeing is peppers that look like habaneros coming from him.

i was just wondering if anyone that is growing the reaper from pepperjoe has some pods that even resemble a real reaper?? all im seeing is peppers that look like habaneros coming from him.

What Dshlogg said: check out ColoradoRonin and PeriPeri. Their pods appear just as advertised by PepperJoe, and are super gnarly with stingers. I don't doubt that the Reaper still has a ways to go in becoming more stable, but good results are in.

Scarlet Fire, are you saying that ColoradoRonin and PeriPeri got their seeds from Pepper Joe? Can you guys confirm? Heatofmiami was asking whether any of Pepper Joes seeds had grown true.

Those seeds are from puckerbutt..I have seen a few threads of "carolina reapers" that were habaneros which is pretty dissapointing..I would love to see a picture of a actual reaper grown from pepperjoes seed ..

I'm not sure if I've seen any signature-style pods yet that came from PepperJoe's seed, but my lone CR plant IS from PepperJoe, so I'll provide my own findings in coming months. I'm curious as to how PepperJoe and Puckerbutt could have different seed stock in the first year of its release, but the results will speak for themselves.

Hey Ronin,

Those pods are the real deal, there's to many "Habish" smooth looking pods being displayed...........yours and Peri-Peri's are the best posted here !

Wonder if mr currie has a higher generation (more stable?) of seeds for sale by now, versus what went on sale originally? Greenhouse growing thru winter, correct?
I was gifted three seeds from a pepperjoe purchase. Wonder what will be produced, but hoping they turn out like CORonin's. Those are just perfect!

Great post BakersPeppers! I have seeds on the way from PepperJoes and was getting concerned as I guess others might have been. A great question to put to bed.

Back