• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

CATS - AARRRGHHHH

Sorry if i may have offended certain individuals with a more direct and hardcore approach to alleviating an issue.

There is also Hav-A-Heart traps on the market to catch animals without causing injury. They are trapped in a cage when the bait tray is moved and there is no harm done. The animal can then be transported to another location and released without harm.

Jim

Your least invasive method would be to prevent access to the garden beds. Making a little dome of chicken wire or other steel mesh would do the trick and is fairly cheap.

air rifle

Could have left it at that

Jeez, sometimes ya have to take matters into your own hands and make a plan so that powers that may be will not know. I thought about goin this route with my ex-wife, but she finally left on her own. Anyway its much easier to dispose of 5 pound animal then a 100+ pound human and the interrogation proccess of legal authorities will be minimal to zero when a feline goes missing. Just dont run around the neighborhood pumping off rounds from a 12 gauge and you should be ok.

Air Rifle=very quiet
Burlap sack or garbage bag=minimal cost
Dig a hole= no cost
Trip to an unpopulated site for a drop off= not that hard to do

Jim

Now you're starting to sound like a weirdo

I dont have any problem with Michael Vick. He killed animals for entertainment. Cats kill animals for entertainment too. Jeez.

If i kill a pepper plant for entertainment does that make me a bad person?

Lets get off the political and morale aspects of this and get back to the original post at hand.

The poster had a problem, and people are giving him possible solutions to his problem.

Thx
Jim

Now you sound like a weirdo with some serious problems

Sorry if i may have offended certain individuals with a more direct and hardcore approach to alleviating an issue.

There is also Hav-A-Heart traps on the market to catch animals without causing injury. They are trapped in a cage when the bait tray is moved and there is no harm done. The animal can then be transported to another location and released without harm.

Jim

And now you sound like a weirdo with some serious problems that is trying to cover up the fact that he is weirdo with some serious problems

Over here we can but a powder called Deter which you sprinlke around the edge of whatever you are trying to protect. It works with most mammals, I believe it gives them a sense of unease and they move away on their own to get away from it. Cant find anything about it on the net but i have got a drum of it in the shed. I use it i have a mouse problem with my seedlings. I used it at the old property to deter rabbits, rats and parrots away from my chilli patch. it worked pretty well.

Havent had any problems here at this place yet with critters other than wild pigs and although they will come right up to the bush surrounding the house they wont come into the backyard. So far so good.

take a motion detection sensor pointed at where the cats are bothering you, hook it up to a sprinkler, get your video camera ready and have some fun...

Could have left it at that

Now you're starting to sound like a weirdo

Now you sound like a weirdo with some serious problems

And now you sound like a weirdo with some serious problems that is trying to cover up the fact that he is weirdo with some serious problems

You wanna attack my personal character go ahead. Im content with the fact that i may have different viewpoints on things that may not be the status quo for the general populace.

Muskymojo you didnt have to attack my character, but thats your choice.

Happy Growing and good luck with yer feline problems.

Jim

You wanna attack my personal character go ahead. Im content with the fact that i may have different viewpoints on things that may not be the status quo for the general populace.

Muskymojo you didnt have to attack my character, but thats your choice.

Happy Growing and good luck with yer feline problems.

Jim

Yup, I guess we have some very different viewpoints and I will leave it at that. This is a pepper growing forum after all.

I like AJ's suggestion the best. Definitely the most entertaining.

FYI this is a pepper forum where comments are not required to be politically correct. If you don't like what someone says, ignore it and go on to the next thread. Lots of us enjoy the silliness that goes on around here, when folks start complaining it takes all the fun out.

Good luck keeping the cats away.

By the way we have two of them.

Contech Electronics CRO101 Scarecrow Motion-Activated Sprinkler.

"The Contech Electronics Scarecrow Motion-Activated Sprinkler presents an innovative, humane way to keep pets and wildlife from disturbing your yard and garden without the use of complicated traps or potentially hazardous chemicals. The sprinkler combines a surprise spray of water with unexpected motion and noise to create a safe, effective deterrent to unwanted visitors, helping keep your garden looking its best."

http://www.amazon.co...YMABCKGBRV2CT7W&

Contech Electronics CRO101 Scarecrow Motion-Activated Sprinkler.

"The Contech Electronics Scarecrow Motion-Activated Sprinkler presents an innovative, humane way to keep pets and wildlife from disturbing your yard and garden without the use of complicated traps or potentially hazardous chemicals. The sprinkler combines a surprise spray of water with unexpected motion and noise to create a safe, effective deterrent to unwanted visitors, helping keep your garden looking its best."

http://www.amazon.co...YMABCKGBRV2CT7W&

Looking at the pics on Amazon it may also help you if you have problems with priests and girl scouts.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000071NUS?tag=httpwwwdeerde-20&camp=14573&creative=327641&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=B000071NUS&adid=00VZTYMABCKGBRV2CT7W
I'm getting one, even if its just for pure entertainment

FYI this is a pepper forum where comments are not required to be politically correct. If you don't like what someone says, ignore it and go on to the next thread. Lots of us enjoy the silliness that goes on around here, when folks start complaining it takes all the fun out.
+1 100% agree!

I really hate Cats too, last year, God only knows how, they managed to poop in one my hanging baskets!
I have tried pretty much everything. The ultrasonic device worked until the batteries ran out.
I built wire cages, and the Foxes ripped them up.
I tried Lion dung, nothing!
There is a plant called Coleus Canina which does repel a lot of animals but it is expensive.
So I wish you luck.

When was it that everyone got so f***ing serious on here??? Can't people just joke around any more. I seriously doubt MOST of the folks that posted replies about air-rifles, burlap sacks (my favorite), etc. were really serious about injuring cats. How 'bout we all lighten up a little bit...

~REDTAILFORESTER a.k.a. The Peacemaker ;)

By the way, I think .22 Shorts work the best for cats. Nice and quiet... :rofl:

But seriously, get some dog hair (easy to find with a lab/newfoundland mix) and stuff them around your garden. Keeps cats and bunnies away and is HUMANE. . .

As some have suggested pepper flakes/powders do you. You can also sprinkle some moth balls in the area where the plants are. No Dog or Cat will get near those.

Before you consider some of the more violent methods check you State and Local Animal Cruelty laws/regulations.

Here in Texas it is a felony to inhumanely kill an animal ie .22,air rifle etc. Trapping and dumping to a "new" location, where they do not know the food sources and dangers can also be in violation of Loco's Law here in Texas.

So unless you are prepared for a criminal conviction on your record, which will invalidate any concealed carry permit you have....I would use pepper and or moth balls.

Also remember cameras can also be used against you in animal cruelty.

Suppressed_Walther_P22.jpg

SCREW IT!!! Now I'm just going for the title of 'Devil's Advocate' :hell: :hell: :hell:

Back