• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Check out this orange habanero still healthy and covered in fruit

If yall want some seeds, I'll grab a few pods next time I'm down there.

Lol, every time i go visit my friends who live there, I eat a few habs off the plant. Its fun because that usually gets a few awestruck stares when I dont even ask for a drink. Or turn red. Or start sweating.

This usually leads to either being called a freak, or someone else trying it and then begging for water(noobs!).

is that the same plants that are in a flowerbed outside or something that you talked about last year?

AlabamaJack said:
is that the same plants that are in a flowerbed outside or something that you talked about last year?

Yep, the same one. It's still going strong. The leaves are bit smaller and the stems woodier, but I think that is a reaction to the cold weather.

Can't wait to see this beast come summertime.

do you know if the caretaker will cut it back or not?

I dunno for sure. It's at the 21st st co-op, which is this college housing thing where the residents kinda work together to take care of the place and have responsibilities. I assume they're in charge of the garden, too.

I doubt they'll cut it back, if they were going to I figure they would have already.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/21st_Street_Co-op
http://www.collegehouses.org/hostelsView.php?hostelId=1&pageType=main

backyard.jpg

The plant is located in that little L-shaped garden next to the shed.

TCG, you guys must have had a mild winter. I'll bet being in that enclosed area next to the buildings helps keep the heat in. Still some impressive plants, they're going to be monsters this summer.

That wiki link you posted says that it is a clothing-optional housing facility. You must have some good fun when you stop by that place.

bigt said:
TCG, you guys must have had a mild winter. I'll bet being in that enclosed area next to the buildings helps keep the heat in. Still some impressive plants, they're going to be monsters this summer.

We had a few hard freezes and all my plants were killed and they're sheltered and in on a balcony away from the wind. Granted they're in pots.

But still regardless of where the plant is located in this city its unlikely to survive the winter. But what really impressed me is that it kept flowering and fruiting through winter.

Perhaps all that reflected light from all the textile free bodies helped that one along.

I have heard of the co-op idea in terms of a supermarket, or a fishermans market, but not as a college dorm. Whats it like? My first thought is you must be hippy to get in, I have no idea beyond that.

McGoo said:
Perhaps all that reflected light from all the textile free bodies helped that one along.

I have heard of the co-op idea in terms of a supermarket, or a fishermans market, but not as a college dorm. Whats it like? My first thought is you must be hippy to get in, I have no idea beyond that.

Yeah pretty much as wild as it sounds like it would be. Maybe a bit more so.

Um.... Can you get... like more detailed pictures of this "lack of textiles" you speak of? Maybe some girls posing next to the Hab plant?

It could be like those "Girls shooting fully automatic weapons in bikinis" videos on youtube.

You could call it "Hotties and Habs"...

:Rushes to get girlfriend to pose with seedlings:

Back