• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Check out what I found at work this morning...

icon_smile.gif
15deseptiempre001.jpg

15deseptiempre006.jpg

15deseptiempre003.jpg

15deseptiempre002.jpg

15deseptiempre005.jpg

icon_smile.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyelash_viper

Looks like one doesn't WickedMojo? Not sure how you find just the head of one though, alive even. ;)

How big was it solar1? You see these often? Vipers always look like they're smiling to me. Makes me wonder just exactly what do they know?

Thanks for the pics bro.

That you lurking there Omri?

Looks like one doesn't WickedMojo? Not sure how you find just the head of one though, alive even. ;)

How big was it solar1? You see these often? Vipers always look like they're smiling to me. Makes me wonder just exactly what do they know?

Thanks for the pics bro.

That you lurking there Omri?

LOL... I added another pic with the body. The current, correct, name, is Eyelash palm pitviper. it's around 2' They're fairly common in my area. My holy grail is a Golden Eyelash palm pitviper.

Cool. I can see why you would want one of the gold ones, those are pretty. I'm not a huge fan of snakes but I don't mind them too much. Freaking youngest two kids each have a boa, daughter has a red tail, five feet or so and the youngest son has a two foot Dumerils Boa. I like the little one better.

Cool. I can see why you would want one of the gold ones, those are pretty. I'm not a huge fan of snakes but I don't mind them too much. Freaking youngest two kids each have a boa, daughter has a red tail, five feet or so and the youngest son has a two foot Dumerils Boa. I like the little one better.

I've never owned them but, heard that the Dumerils boa is very calm snake, I used to keep & breed 2 types of red tail's, Columbian & Peruvian. Columbians can get pretty big, I've had 2 that reached 12'

Wow what a job! I think the most exciting thing I've ever found at work in my whole life was a nice cute temp that was looking to get a "head" up in the company. Lets just say she got more than the job ;)

The Dumerils is a pretty laid back dude. The red tail was too and for the most part still is. I just get nervous around him at feeding time and I think he knows it.

12ft boas? No thanks.

I live in the burbs of Omaha in a town with around 15,000 in it. We had a local guy get strangled by his 9ft boa a month ago. He was always showing it off outside and he became kind of a local legend. You could drive by and see him entertaining people. Lots of kids too as he lived by a couple of schools. He had it out and it got wrapped around his neck. His girlfriend was the only one with him at the time and she wasn't strong enough to remove it. I was waiting for the city council to overreact and pass some stupid laws but they let it go. Might have to vote for these people.

Thanks for the answer solar1. I couldn't tell for sure. Fila's have owned me for many years. For myself It's the breed of choice. I've never seen a Cane Corso face to face so to speak but have heard great things about them.

Peace,
P. Dreadie

Thanks for the answer solar1. I couldn't tell for sure. Fila's have owned me for many years. For myself It's the breed of choice. I've never seen a Cane Corso face to face so to speak but have heard great things about them.

Peace,
P. Dreadie
Being owned by your Fila's, you describe the mastiff-human relationship very aptly. To have a Mastiff is to be owned by them, moreso than with any other breed I've ever experienced.
This dog is the third mastiff to enter my life. I've owned 2 bullmastiffs in the past a Doberman, many Bulldogs & Beagles. Every type & breed of dog has it's own characteristics, The best I've ever heard Mastiffs described was with the word noble. There isn't enough good things I can say about the Cane Corso, I suffered a terrible accident in 08' when Molly was 1 1/2 yrs old, when I returned home, she basicly turned into a service animal with no training needed whatsoever. To say I'm pleased with the breed is an understament. My dog was a runt, with many faults in the "classic, Cane Corso physical appearance" but she's grown very healthy & very intelligent, with no health problems, She may be a few inshes short and light at 25 1/2" & 125lbs but, that's fine with me.

Back