• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Chiles are about Heat and Taste...but let's just talk HEAT.

The 0nly ones ( were talking Super Hots )

I have actually tried cause I don't have them are ..The Jonah/Douglah/Bhut are pretty close. I have tasted Bhuts not so hot BUT I have tasted bhuts very hot ...The Bhuts and Jonahs has flavor, But the Douglah is pure heat and I am trying to figure a taste for it. But I have only grown for a year and don't know much..But I do work at a supper market and let many people taste the peppers I have available to me..and I try to listen to there reviews ...Next yr I can give a better review as I Hope to have a better growing yr..:-) Dave PS :I did grow one this yr don't know what it is got it by mistake or something But it is really HOT and I hope to grow it this coming yr...

Lol boy that Chicago sport pepper really lit me up.

Southern Looper,
That Chicago Sport Pepper is fabulous and indispensible on the Chicago HOt Dog that they sell by the Zillions at their Baseball and Football games.
They even sell them at o'Hare Airport.
I have a great pic of the Chicago Hot Dog with the Chicago Sports Pepper on it...but I can't figure out how to upload them. It ask for an "Image URL' and I have a ton of Chile pics that I upload but don't know where to get the Image Url from??

Southern Looper,
That Chicago Sport Pepper is fabulous and indispensible on the Chicago HOt Dog that they sell by the Zillions at their Baseball and Football games.
They even sell them at o'Hare Airport.
I have a great pic of the Chicago Hot Dog with the Chicago Sports Pepper on it...but I can't figure out how to upload them. It ask for an "Image URL' and I have a ton of Chile pics that I upload but don't know where to get the Image Url from??
No I know. I use to live north of CHicago. They even taste great on Italian Beef sammies.

I've pretty much had them all at this point, and the Trinidad Scorpion was the worst, followed by the Douglah. The Red 7 and Yellow 7 and Bhut all seem pretty similar in terms of heat.

douglah and trinidad scorpions were way up there on the heat scale with no redeeming flavors. Lots of others had lots of heat with some flavor for redemption.

Depends on what you want to do with the chile... eat it fresh, make a sauce for yourself, make a sauce for others, prove your man-hood by eating one...

It's all relative, subjective and deferential to the climates where the chiles were grown. One grower's 7 Pods may taste significantly different than another grower's 7 Pod with seeds the same source. jmho~

douglah and trinidad scorpions were way up there on the heat scale with no redeeming flavors. Lots of others had lots of heat with some flavor for redemption.

Depends on what you want to do with the chile... eat it fresh, make a sauce for yourself, make a sauce for others, prove your man-hood by eating one...

It's all relative, subjective and deferential to the climates where the chiles were grown. One grower's 7 Pods may taste significantly different than another grower's 7 Pod with seeds the same source. jmho~

Really? because a number of the reviewers seemed to like the taste of the douglah. I also find the bhut to be very tasty.

"Brain Strain" is by far the hottest for me. To the point that I consider it inedible. Bhut is my favorite though, plenty of heat and tons of flavor.

For me, the hottest was Trinidad Scorpion, then 7 Pod Jonah, then Douglah, then Bhut Jalokia. The only one with a bad taste was the Doughlah plus it wrecked my stomach.

The Scorpion Butch T is definitely the hottest I've ever tried and also the nastiest tasting. Most people who say they like the taste of the Scorpions likely haven't had a real Butch T.
I like the Douglah taste although its a flavor that doesn't work with everything.
One of my favorites for taste is the Yellow 7 although I personally find it quite a bit milder than many of the other super-hots

Back