• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Chillie Whisperer's South African Glog-2013

Hi everyone,so,this will be my verey first attempt to start a glog,I live on a farm in SA in the Western Cape.
I AM still attending school (9th grade) and I will try my very best.
I just want to thank Lourens (PeriPeri)
And Conor (Saugapapper) for the fantastic seeds,you guys are awesome!

I will grow:
PeriPeri : mozambique
Habanero Orange
Peach Habanero
Jalapeno
7pot red
7pot brainstrain yellow
Yellow Fattali
Choc habanero
Billy Boy Douglah
Butch T Scorpion

The rest I can't remember,will send the full list tomorrow

I am in exam stage in school so things will be hectic,anyways,wish me luck,thanks.

PeriPeri said:
I have no experience with them, but It does look like a Broome. Where these seeds that were given to you - or did someone from aus give you seeds?
Hey Lourens,sorry for the late reply,they were given to me my Conor,great guy. But I'll have to save the seeds and find out next year :)

Ok,so the peppers are starting to ripen,we have had a lot of rain today,wich is realy great.
Will harvest a few this Sunday and send some pics! :)

Glad you are able to harvest....have fun and post some pictures so that all of us in the snow zones can see your pics and drool!! :rofl:

Ok,truth time. I wasn't able to take pics of my entire harvest.
A shop had a emergency and they got my number,ordered all the peppers I could give them,yea,2.25 kilo's,not much,but it was enough for them,made a few bucks too (not much).
They said they'll use me next season too,and next season I'm gonna GROW!!!! I still have a few plants that I did not pic at all-pics of them tomorrow!
I am still exitingly waiting for my mozambique periperi's to ripen,and my bhishops crowns too+my broome peppers and few others.
My harvest was mostly green unripe peppers,but hey,it was ok,kept a few peppers for myself too,and made a sauce. The sauce is okay...but it does pack a punch.
Updates and pics of pods and plants tomorrow!

Today my girlfriend and I were walking through the KKNK here,thousands of people! One guy was selling home made periperi sauces,4 types,one mustard,one mild,one medium and one "xx hot" even though they weren't that hot,they were TAAAASTY!!!!!! Does anyone have a recipe for a sweet deliciouse periperi sauce???? Please,kinda desperate.

Ok,that's it for now,all pics tomorrow :)
Thanks
J

Ok,still busy with the other pics,but here's a few for now

th_utf-8BMS5qcGc_zpsa533d79b.jpg

th_utf-8BMi5qcGc_zps798283d6.jpg

th_utf-8BMy5qcGc_zps1d046c65.jpg

Habs are stil growing
th_utf-8BNC5qcGc_zpsed3112fb.jpg

This hab looks cool
th_utf-8BNS5qcGc_zps6cd32e18.jpg

Hey don't forget to send me your address that way I can send you some seeds, You'll be needing plenty of pepper plants next year if you want to keep that business supplied with enough peppers. Once they know you can give them what they need I'm sure that they will getting them from you. Also once the word gets out,  other businesses might start ordering peppers from you.
Nothing like having enough pocket money to take your girl friend to the movies or out to dinner some time. Good impressions are invaluable at times and can open doors that were once closed.

Hey :) thanks,yea I'll om you my addy :P. Yep,a few people already asked for my number,so I might be in the winnig ;).
And yes...I am low on cash to take her out LOL ;)

Back