• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Chillie Whisperer's South African Glog-2013

Hi everyone,so,this will be my verey first attempt to start a glog,I live on a farm in SA in the Western Cape.
I AM still attending school (9th grade) and I will try my very best.
I just want to thank Lourens (PeriPeri)
And Conor (Saugapapper) for the fantastic seeds,you guys are awesome!

I will grow:
PeriPeri : mozambique
Habanero Orange
Peach Habanero
Jalapeno
7pot red
7pot brainstrain yellow
Yellow Fattali
Choc habanero
Billy Boy Douglah
Butch T Scorpion

The rest I can't remember,will send the full list tomorrow

I am in exam stage in school so things will be hectic,anyways,wish me luck,thanks.

chilli whisperer said:
Hey,so my parents finally got to the post office
and they were OPEN! Here's what I got (:

These came from PaulG
th_utf-8BSU1HMDAyODUtMjAxNDAyMjMtMDgyMC5qcGc_zpsc2a2c8e8.jpg

He sent me some awesome seeds :
Datil
Bonda Ma Jaques
Reaper
CosteƱo Amarillo
Sepia Serpant
Goats Weed

I see Reaper,is this different from the Carolina reaper?

But thank you PaulG,I'll take real good care of them seeds :)

And for my birthday I got these from Lourens :
th_utf-8BSU1HMDAyODYtMjAxNDAyMjMtMDgzNS5qcGc_zps91c40929.jpg

Thank you so much Lourens!
Now I'll be doing a taste test,but not for the next 2/3 weeks :(.
I'm very busy atm,I already finnished 1 project yesterday,still got 1 left and some homework,then I gotta study everyday from monay on,on the 5th I start exams,so when I get free time I'll shoot a video! (:
Hey J, glad you got your post. Was getting worried they might be returned. There has been a Postal Strike in SA - so some of the other packages might still be hauled up somewhere! If you do a taste test, you might just get your homework done in record time lol

Hey Lourens,yea,maybe I could ;) youch,today has been rough,had to stay in town for extra
math classes,and went to a friend who helped me with math.
After that I went to choir practice from 19:15 pm to 19:45 pm.
On my way home now,and I still have homework,then I'm writing math tomorrow.
Maybe I'll het time for the video during a study break this weekend (: let's hope for the best!

If your post box was very full, sometimes they don't put the rest of the mail in the post box. They bundle it up and keep it behind the counter. There is a possibility no?

Looks like a Capsicum Frutescens from what I can see. Might be a Tabsco. Penotype and off white/pale yellow colour. PeriPeri are dark green, so not them...
Ā 
When are you doing your taste test? Make sure your mom and dad are there with a fire extinguisher when you do! lol

PeriPeri said:
Looks like a Capsicum Frutescens from what I can see. Might be a Tabsco. Penotype and off white/pale yellow colour. PeriPeri are dark green, so not them...
Ā 
When are you doing your taste test? Make sure your mom and dad are there with a fire extinguisher when you do! lol
Hey Lourens,I think its fruitescens. What does "phenotype" mean????
I'll be trying to do the review this weekend,let's hope I don't die :P

Capsicum Frutescens - that's the one. Phenotype is the shape of the pod. Ok, don't die, just make sure your parents are there and don't give any to unsuspecting people... because they can be very hot. Maybe just try a tiny bit first and see ;) Oh and have lots of milk nearby!

Lol cool,I DID try a super tiny bit,my thraot realy felt it and I started drooling like a 2 year old dreaming about candy.
I bought an ice cream for tomorrow,just to be safe :P

chilli whisperer said:
Lol cool,I DID try a super tiny bit,my thraot realy felt it and I started drooling like a 2 year old dreaming about candy.
I bought an ice cream for tomorrow,just to be safe :P
lol there's the spirit!

chilli whisperer said:
Do you know any info on the douglah? Shu? Etc.
It comes from the Carribean. It belongs to the 7 Pot range of chillies. It's a C. Chinense. 7 Pot, because 1 pod can heat 7 Pots of stew. It gets its namesakes from the locals who call it a Douglah due to its colour. Apparently people of mixed race in the Carribean are called Douglahs. It grows really well and produces loads of pods that are leaning towards the herbaceous and bitter - as opposed to the sweet and fruity (taste wise). One of the hottest 7 Pot chillies, which in laboratories has been tested up to about 1,800,000 SHU. In the garden these will probably never get to this kind of heat... but none the less, I have tasted these and they are without a doubt well over 1,000,000. Probably looking at about 1,300,000 on these. There are hotter chillies... TS Moruga, ButchT, Carolina Reaper to name but a few. Hope this helps...

Lol it was hot,but hey,I loved every minute of it!
I'm trying to seperate the one vid and make it into 2 parts to upload it,since it won't post a long vid from my phone. Be prepared,that may be the worst taste test on earth,but yea,we'll have to wait and see (:

Back