• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Chillie Whisperer's South African Glog-2013

Hi everyone,so,this will be my verey first attempt to start a glog,I live on a farm in SA in the Western Cape.
I AM still attending school (9th grade) and I will try my very best.
I just want to thank Lourens (PeriPeri)
And Conor (Saugapapper) for the fantastic seeds,you guys are awesome!

I will grow:
PeriPeri : mozambique
Habanero Orange
Peach Habanero
Jalapeno
7pot red
7pot brainstrain yellow
Yellow Fattali
Choc habanero
Billy Boy Douglah
Butch T Scorpion

The rest I can't remember,will send the full list tomorrow

I am in exam stage in school so things will be hectic,anyways,wish me luck,thanks.

Oh boy, well good luck with it...fingers crossed for you!! :)

Since those seeds that i sent haven't shown up yet, are you starting anything else from seed right now? I am going to resend those to you again shortly.

Well it looks like I will have to send you some more seeds and hope you will get them this time, I'll have to send it as registered mail this time and hopefully your post office will make sure that you get them, I will have to wait till April to send them as I'm broke right now as I just get one small check each month and as the Bills keep coming in it doesn't take long to use up my cash.
As I deleted your address please send it again so I can have it for next month.

Hey,thanks Wildseed (: I will send my addy shortly,I'm just on my way home and my pone's about to die :)
Penny said:
Oh boy, well good luck with it...fingers crossed for you!! :)

Since those seeds that i sent haven't shown up yet, are you starting anything else from seed right now? I am going to resend those to you again shortly.
Thanks Penny (: no,I'm not planting until laaaater this year again :P the seasomn is sloooowly coming to an end :(

chilli whisperer said:
Hey,thanks Wildseed (: I will send my addy shortly,I'm just on my way home and my pone's about to die :)

Thanks Penny (: no,I'm not planting until laaaater this year again :P the seasomn is sloooowly coming to an end :(

Question then...when does your season start, or when do you start your seeds, because i may just hold off then until my growing season is done, usually end of September and send you seeds from that as well ;)

Hi J, what's happening your side... have you moved and left chillies behind... have you got pics for us? There must be some ripe pods by now? :dance:

Hey Lourens,we decided not to move,so the chillies are staying :)
No ripe pods yet,but they're still busy :P
Some pods that look like the mozambique periperi is turning a blackish colour,is it not a peri then? I'll have to see what happens

chilli whisperer said:
Hey Lourens,we decided not to move,so the chillies are staying :)
No ripe pods yet,but they're still busy :P
Some pods that look like the mozambique periperi is turning a blackish colour,is it not a peri then? I'll have to see what happens
They can turn black before turning red... quite normal ;)

This is the first ripe chilli,I believe its a sweet pepper,since it has no heat,but its sweet.
I has a realy nice flavour,and I'll deffinitely be making a sauce out of it :)
th_utf-8BSU1HMDAzMDItMjAxNDAzMjItMTIyOS5qcGc_zps32743447.jpg

Thanks :) I wanted to take pics today,but I had to help my younger brother with math,and the tablet was dead,so I'm charging it throughout the night,and there will be pics by tomorrow ;)

Ok,for now I only have 2 pics,I can't upload the others on photobucket cuz the connection is realy bad :\ but I'll post more pics later :)

One of my Mozambique periperi,I'm REALY exited for these! I saved 2 seeds from the pack that Lourens gave me,but I think these will ripen jusy in time and I might get more ;) I think these are gonna be awesome!
th_utf-8BMDAwMG1wcC5qcGc_zps8f612262.jpg

Now this one I got from a lady that lives in Lesotho,before she moved back permenantly she gave me seeds for this big pepper,I don't know what it is,but its bigger than the other peppers I grow :P
th_utf-8BMDAwMGJycC5qcGc_zps20b1b67f.jpg

More pics of my Bhishops Crowns and habs etc later ;) stay tuned

chilli whisperer said:
Ok,for now I only have 2 pics,I can't upload the others on photobucket cuz the connection is realy bad :\ but I'll post more pics later :)

One of my Mozambique periperi,I'm REALY exited for these! I saved 2 seeds from the pack that Lourens gave me,but I think these will ripen jusy in time and I might get more ;) I think these are gonna be awesome!

Now this one I got from a lady that lives in Lesotho,before she moved back permenantly she gave me seeds for this big pepper,I don't know what it is,but its bigger than the other peppers I grow :P

More pics of my Bhishops Crowns and habs etc later ;) stay tuned
Hey J, you chillies are looking cool. That last one - it's difficult to make out... could be a kind of small Big Jim...

Hey Lourens,thanks (: yea,it is quite difficult,cuz I have absolute NO idea what it is.
Speaking about no idea what it is,I have this one plant that has these small peppers,you know when a plant is small,it throws out small pods.
So it has small pods yea,but I searched online,and I think it could be a Broome pepper,what do you think?

th_utf-8BSU1HMDAzMDMtMjAxNDAzMjMtMTQ0Ni5qcGc_zpscb13eb37.jpg

I have no experience with them, but It does look like a Broome. Where these seeds that were given to you - or did someone from aus give you seeds?

Back