• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

chilliman64 ?

it sure was a big storm for around these parts Pam - yes I made it through ok thanks! our neighbour had a large branch (about 15 metres worth) snap off a native tree in their front yard - fortunately it fell towards the road and we were all spared any damage.

it is winter here so not really any chillies to speak of. the house is ok and so are our pets. sadly, some weren't as fortunate as we were. several people lost their lives and an entire family of five were lost when a section of road suddenly washed out, very very sad!

And again last w/end chilliman64 - And the forecast is for more. Going to make it hard to float this thing again.

On the up side I see that your dams are up to 50%.
Stay safe mate.

Shooty* said:
I love that dancing pepper. It's great ;)

thanks, me too :P

bentalphanerd said:
And again last w/end chilliman64 - And the forecast is for more. Going to make it hard to float this thing again.

On the up side I see that your dams are up to 50%.
Stay safe mate.

with the storms predicted for Wednesday it will probably breakup. we've been in drought so long it's really weird having so much of it all of a sudden. you almost feel guilty making negative comments about it. I haven't heard how full the dam is but if 50% is correct then that is the best news we could hope for.

you still in Sydney on the 30th bent? trying to stay safe mate, though plenty of bad drivers about in this weather - slow and steady wins the race for me. it's far too wet to get the bikes out at the moment.

We had no rain (1 day few weeks back) but wind up to 70 k's this week - wind chill brought the temps here down to 1 C yesterday & Toowoomba recorded a -9. So happy this screwed up weather is a figment of our collective imagination and nothing to be worried about.
Coming to Sydney, no wait, not coming, yes, no, yes again & another no....I'd say it's a no, but that could change if the customer gets his head out of his...hard-drive. Its the old story - the business would run smoothly if it weren't for the customers.
Good plan to give the 2 wheelers a swerve while this is happening, I gave em up a while ago (had a bmw r90-6) ...I'm dodgy enough on 4 wheels - 10 years as a nightshift cabbie taught me all the tricks, slowed down a bit now - have a Tarago with big chrome bullbar keeping me & the boy safe. Still a few petrol head mates who get me to test drive their beasts for setup, but not with other DH's on the road.
Anyway - hope your garden survives the onslaught, mine are still flowering & fruiting here but taking forever to ripen. Finally found enough fresh coriander & powdered coconut cream to do another thai mix today so its all on for the w/end.
Bring on Sept in Byron :rolleyes:

bentalphanerd said:
We had no rain (1 day few weeks back) but wind up to 70 k's this week - wind chill brought the temps here down to 1 C yesterday & Toowoomba recorded a -9. So happy this screwed up weather is a figment of our collective imagination and nothing to be worried about.
Coming to Sydney, no wait, not coming, yes, no, yes again & another no....I'd say it's a no, but that could change if the customer gets his head out of his...hard-drive. Its the old story - the business would run smoothly if it weren't for the customers.
Good plan to give the 2 wheelers a swerve while this is happening, I gave em up a while ago (had a bmw r90-6) ...I'm dodgy enough on 4 wheels - 10 years as a nightshift cabbie taught me all the tricks, slowed down a bit now - have a Tarago with big chrome bullbar keeping me & the boy safe. Still a few petrol head mates who get me to test drive their beasts for setup, but not with other DH's on the road.
Anyway - hope your garden survives the onslaught, mine are still flowering & fruiting here but taking forever to ripen. Finally found enough fresh coriander & powdered coconut cream to do another thai mix today so its all on for the w/end.
Bring on Sept in Byron :rolleyes:

a Tarago?!:rolleyes: you are bent! and a nerd! if ever a nic was apt it is yours!!! :onfire: I've got 7 hab plants but no growth or ripening. I'm pulling them all soon and starting from scratch. though I do have one odd orange hab plant where the pods start out erect and gradually turn pendant. they are about the normal length of regular orange habs but skinnier and pointier - I have no idea what they are. I used them in the sauce I sent you with a couple of regular orange habs. I could probably save the plant but I have too many exciting varieties I want to grow this year and only limited space, and besides, I saved some seed anyway!!!

I've got a VTX1300 and a Hayabusa but I'm selling the 'busa. the chilliwoman likes the cruiser and I'm getting a little too old for really fast bikes. might get a GSX1400 later on... we'll see. at the moment the cash is a little more important than the sportsbike anyway.

and lookin' forward to Byron baby - whoooo :rolleyes:

chilliman64 said:
did somebody say more thai mix???

Got a 6 litre batch done, just needs a little fine tuning. Have used 4 times the coriander & twice the Savina base mix ratio along with extra coconut. Replaced my blender so now its more like a sauce although still a little thick.

Any day now:onfire:

woo hoo! I burnt out my missus' blender several months ago preparing birdseyes and had to buy another one. it worked out well because I also got myself one of those 'stabber sticks' - perfect for blender sauces in the pot.

Back