• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Chipotle HOT sauce?

Hey,

I really like the distinct chipotle taste, but I really like heat too. I have yet to find a chipotle sauce that isn't mild in heat, though. Do you guys know any hot sauce producer that makes a chipotle sauce that actually is hotter than average sauces? Google doesn't help much, as all producers claim their sauces to be "really hot".

Thanks in advance! :)

chipotle, is smoked  jalapeno, best bet would make your own by adding some super hot powder. At lest that's my thoughts.  

Blairs is kinda hot ish but I don't feel it has any Chipotle characteristics.

+1 on making your own, the smoking mellows the heat but at least that way you can kick it up with whatever..

Have you considered other smoked chilis?

I'll post back when I remember some sauces, but others, chime in with other smoked pod sauces.

MeatHead1313 said:
Texas Creek wildfire Chipotle is a good one that has some good heat.http://www.texascreekproducts.com/products.html

You could always buy their chipotle sauce AND Pure Evil, and add drops. It is (relatively) tasteless.

You've had extract chipotle sauce? Which?

Oh that was my first real scorcher back in da day!

It's really good.

It's not chiptole though. But it does have a bit of a smoky background if I remember. It's good dabbed on pizza!

I don't think he makes it anymore.  Not on the website.  Hmm could have sworn it had chipotle in it.  I have a bottle of it somewhere.  I'll check the ingredients to see what all is in there.

Nope, no chipotle.  I stand corrected.  Red Habanero Pods, Cayenne Chiles, White Vinegar, Natural Pepper Flavor, Tomato Puree, Pirri-Pirri Chiles, Pumpkin Seed, Lime Juice, Salt, Spices.

"Natural Pepper Flavor" is the extract, because it is definitely an extract sauce.

Funny how many terms there are for it.

Yeah, Blair always used that term.  Extracts always get a bad rap, but some of his were good.  I don't like the flavor of the straight extracts like 3am, but the sauces were pretty good.  Except Ultra Death, don't like that one at all.

NJ was up there for me for a long time. All you needs is dabs, but they are complex flavor bursts of whopping heat. You can actually taste the sauce, but it still smacks you way silly within a few seconds. 

The Hot Pepper said:
Have you considered other smoked chilis?

I'll post back when I remember some sauces, but others, chime in with other smoked pod sauces.

You could always buy their chipotle sauce AND Pure Evil, and add drops. It is (relatively) tasteless.
Nice idea boss! The one I was referring to though (wildfire chipotle instead of the regular) already has Pure Evil as one of the ingredients.

Bonus!

Still should get some extra. :D

Sorry for the thread hijack Wolf.  To get it back on track.  Another you should try and one of my absolute favorites is Texas Creek's Wildfire Chipotle.

Edit oops, already suggested.

I got a sauce from sadisticpeppers that has a smoky flavor somewhat like a chipotle sauce although very sweet but has quite a kick. Other than that the only thing I can recommend is adding some super hot powder to your favorite chipotle sauce.My fav chipotle sauce so far is  el yucateco I recommend trying it although I doubt it will have the kick you are looking for.

Back