• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Chipotle HOT sauce?

Take a can of chipotles in adobo (La Morena brand, orange label), put in blender. Add 3 tablespoons vinegar, and your favorite pepper powder. Give it whirl, taste, and add heat if needed. Pop it in the fridge.

The Hot Pepper said:
Take a can of chipotles in adobo (La Morena brand, orange label), put in blender. Add 3 tablespoons vinegar, and your favorite pepper powder. Give it whirl, taste, and add heat if needed. Pop it in the fridge.
That sounds outstanding boss! Any idea how long it would last in the fridge?

At least a couple weeks.

Restaurants do this. Ever see the straight up jalapeno sauces at taqerias? That's cans of jalapenos in the blender. Already has the vinegar. Blend until smooth and it is sauce for your tacos! You can use the en escabeche too, with carrots an onions.

I got the idea from there. Needs the added vinegar to make it saucy for chipotle. 

la_morena_jalapenos_chipotles.jpg

JayT said:
 Except Ultra Death, don't like that one at all.

Add Mega Death to the list. I keep the only bottle I've ever bought in the fridge just for the annoying guests who think they want more heat. :twisted:

The Hot Pepper said:

That is a great idea boss man. I have a couple of cans in the pantry right now looking for some reason to use them. :drooling:

We make what others call a Chipotle sauce, it's called HAMAJANG. Most people don't understand that Chipotle literally means "smoked jalapeno". Our main ingredient is smoked ghost peppers. It has heat but it builds... here are a couple review videos for it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlJBUQH-NUw

Wolf1888 said:
Hey,

I really like the distinct chipotle taste, but I really like heat too. I have yet to find a chipotle sauce that isn't mild in heat, though. Do you guys know any hot sauce producer that makes a chipotle sauce that actually is hotter than average sauces? Google doesn't help much, as all producers claim their sauces to be "really hot".

Thanks in advance! :)

I can't recommend these guys enough ... This is on our list to review in the next few days ... but if it is anything like the rest of their stuff it will be great 8-)

http://firedragonchillies.com/product/smoky-dragon-shthot-chipotle-125ml/

to quote their page "Smoky Dragon Chipotle is a mixture of traditional Mexican chillies blended with some of our own fiery favourites! Manuka smoked chillies give it that authentic kiwi smoky taste in an old Mexican classic! Yes finally a Chipotle that is actually HOT!"

JayT said:
You're a GENIUS!!!! :lol:

Stahpppp it.

Jeff H said:
That is a great idea boss man. I have a couple of cans in the pantry right now looking for some reason to use them. :drooling:
Do it. By the way Mr. texas blues does the can-to-blender jalapeno sauce all the time.

The Hot Pepper said:
At least a couple weeks.

Restaurants do this. Ever see the straight up jalapeno sauces at taqerias? That's cans of jalapenos in the blender. Already has the vinegar. Blend until smooth and it is sauce for your tacos! You can use the en escabeche too, with carrots an onions.

I got the idea from there. Needs the added vinegar to make it saucy for chipotle. 

attachicon.gif
la_morena_jalapenos_chipotles.jpg
Sweet.  As for taqerias, haven't been to one yet, so have no idea in regards to the sauce.

MeatHead1313 said:
Sweet.  As for taqerias, haven't been to one yet, so have no idea in regards to the sauce.

It's just a name for an authentic taco joint, usually they have tacos al pastor (on the trompo), carnitas, etc. Sometimes tortas with the same meats. Maybe you knew that, wasn't sure. If you have them in your area, go!

Thanks everybody for the nice suggestions! Some of these sauces sure look amazing, will try for sure.

And yeah, I guess I could try to craft my own Chipotle hot sauce, that can't be a bad idea. I've got some great scorpion powder I could use to kick it up a notch.

Back