• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Chocolate Bhut Jolokia x 7Pot/Pod Yellow f2

Thanks guys,
This one is my best cross so far, the heat is very intense and hits you immediately,
I ate a quarter of one and the heat lasted a good 20 mins, it has the smell of the bhut with a fruity taste.
their colour when ripe are that caramel coloring, the size of the bigger ones are about 75mm/3" long
sorry guys no seeds of this one yet.....

Hey Grant my friend that is nice color of that hybrid Chocolate Bhut x 7 Pot/Pod yellow F-2 pod & placenta is all pack with heat you can tell by looking it.

Are you planning on growing several plants next season to begin the stabilization process. I want to do a cross or two this season but am concerned about growing it out (don't have a ton of space). I will probably grow less varieties in my 2012 season in order to grow out some F2s. That is of course if all goes well this season and next.

JungleRain said:
The heat.... extremeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, seriously hot
a few pics of the inside, completely coated in placenta....very happy with this one,
last year is was much the same as this year in shape and colour, but the taste and heat is a lot better

ChocolateBhutJolokiax7PotPodYellow7.jpg

ChocolateBhutJolokiax7PotPodYell-1.jpg

Dang JR, those look absolutely WICKED! Keep up the good work! ;)

JR, I am very interested in doing some crosses and have made several attempts but in all cases I got nothing but flower drop. In your case, how did you go about making the cross? Which pepper was the male and which was the female? Did you bag the flower bud post pollination?

hey grant here in pa the pepper habanero mustard is a cross of chocolate hab and orange hab do you think it will have the same effect

hey grant here in pa the pepper habanero mustard is a cross of chocolate hab and orange hab do you think it will have the same effect

i don't know how accurate that is.
if the mustard habanero is a cross, it's a stabilized one, as it's been around for a long long time (enough that sse considers it a heirloom).

Back