• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Chocolate Habanero?

MVC-045S.jpg

Here is a pic of my Chocolate Habanero,seeds purchased from Southern Exposure Seed Exchange.Doesn't seem true to form to me...kind of a nice shape though.Does anybody have any ideas on what this is?A cross,a seed mixup?If they come out Chocolate colored,I guess I won't be to troubled!

Be in the original cross my friend to get that long twisted shape..If you think there twisted look at POTAWIES Kapowie`s :)

The picture at the seed site showed a fat lookin choc. hab.Funny thing,also,the plants(3) are all very light colored leaves,I thaught it was a deficiency at first,but I've been spraying,and watering with epsoms.Almost varigated,white in places.They seem to be healthy in all other respects.Lots of blooms,Virtually no bud drop!A bit rare with my heavy hands I tell ya.Is the Kapowie a chocolate type?

"Chocolate hab" has sadly become the name for most brown C. chinense, so you rarely know what you're really getting especially with a seed exchange.
I really do like the shape of those pods scoville and I hope they do turn brown.

Yeah, I posted a thread asking if the pods I have are chocolate habs. The overwhelming response was that it was brown and a hab, so call it chocolate.

I will be growing them again regardless, realy big hot flavorful pods!

Maybe I should call them super mocha habs!;)

Back