• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Chocolate Habanero?

One of my Chocolate Habs

06082008314.jpg

I am getting ready to have a bunch of these ripe....

100408b002.jpg

100408b003.jpg

Here's one of my chocolate Caribbean plants
2799890062_df9c05e12d.jpg

And this other pic you already found is of a mixture of choc. Caribbean, choc. Madagascar, and choc. Scotch bonnets
2796187273_5b912b62bc.jpg

Hi Scoville...
Here you have some pictures of Long Chocolate Habanero. They look like yours.

http://petterssononline.com/habanero/peppers.php?action=variety&id=74

And here is what Wikipedia says about the Habanero :D
"Like all Capsicum, the habanero pepper originated in Meso- or South America, most likely the Amazon basin or nearby coastal regions. Upon its rediscovery by Europeans, it was rapidly disseminated around the world, to the point that 18th-century taxonomists mistook China for its place of origin and called it "capsicum chinense"—the Chinese pepper.[2][3][4]
The chili's name is derived from the name of the Cuban city of La Habana, which is known as Havana in English.[1]
Today, the crop is most widely cultivated in the Yucatán Peninsula of Mexico. Other modern producers include Belize, Panama, Costa Rica, and some U.S. states including Texas, Idaho, and California.
Habaneros are an integral part of Yucatecan food. Habanero chilis accompany most dishes in Yucatan, either in solid or purée/salsa form."

:lol::lol: Call me a bore ! :P

Cool photos. I love all habs! Short habs, long habs, funky habs. Not only are habs very distinct in their flavor but I have noticed they have a longer lasting tingle or residule hot in the mouth after you consume a hab or hab flavored food.

Longer than a jalapeno definitely. If you love that though, try a 7pot! It has the back end heat like a hab, but it has a freaking motor on it.

It just keeps going, and going, and going....

Hmm.

I haven't had my own pods yet, but one thing that's very different from all my other plants is the leaves. They almost look like Swiss Chard they are so bumpy and stuff.

Pics:

My Chocolate Hab - Seeds from THSC.
S6301827.JPG

Closeup
S6301828.JPG

Oh, BTW, that 'dust' on there is just some epsom salts residue from spraying the other day. Ya can't tell by looking at it, but it's about 13" tall now.

Sorry about the glare..it decided to be sunny today and it's a VERY shiny plant. :D

-QS

millworkman said:
Man Quad, that plant looks really cool and healthy, any more pictures of it?

Thanks!

Here's an older pic I took, it's on the top right.

S6301593.JPG

It's more tall than bushy like the other stuff, but is a funky plant for sure. :)

-QS

Back