• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

music Classical Music, Help me find some!

Well, every once in a while I need to listen to this stuff. It's been a long time, If anyone listens to classical Music post the names of some stuff you like. I need to beef up that arsenal!

ANy of the classics such as Bach, Beethoven (not so much, but interestin), Wagner (a relative of mine btw) are great. Also, the people playing the music is key so go out and find yourself some stuff performed by The Cleveland Orcistra.

My feelings on Beethoven are perfectly summerized by Gary Oldmen in this classic scene:

Oldmen is an amazing actor

You just won the "I pulled out a random movie" t-shirt lol. Do you know of anything Piano oriented? just quiet piano playing? I really know nothing about it sorry :-p, thats why I asked people to post what they like, I'm going to have to sort through a lot of stuff before I find what I'm looking for. It was playing randomly in a store the other day and I'm dying to find it. I might go back to the store and ask them lol

Paul Galbraith, he's a classical guitarist, plays an 8 string guitar, go to the store right now and buy every album you can find. He's that f'ing good.
Three of his albums
Bach Sonatas and Partitas
Bach Lute Suites
Paul Galbraith Plays Haydn.

Seriously, they're amazing.

imaguitargod said:
ANy of the classics such as Bach, Beethoven (not so much, but interestin), Wagner (a relative of mine btw) are great. Also, the people playing the music is key so go out and find yourself some stuff performed by The Cleveland Orcistra.

George Szell was made of win and awesome.

OK. If that was a little cheery, on a rainy gloomy afternoon:

Webern: Six Bagatelles for string quartet, opus 9

Threnody to the Victims of Hiroshima (if you can find it)

Berg: Violin Concerto (that one's especially gleeful - it's about a dead girl)

dr

Here is mine & wife`s fav; (;) though i like all things heavy metal too dont figure)

Peer Gynt by Edvard Grieg - In the Hall of the Mountain King

Beethovan – Fur Elise

Modern Talking Symphony Orchestra (whole album) – Brother Louie, Atlantis Calling, Cheri Cheri Lady

Modern Wind Orchestra – Moonlight Serenede

London Symphony Orchestra /Royal Philharmonic Orchestra – Bohemian Rhapsody

Royal Philharmonic Orchestra – Mama Mia, Shiny Happy People, L’ete Indien

Stairway to Heaven (Symphonic Led Zepplin)

Super Mario, Mission Impossible Theme -Eminence Orchestra

Trans-Siberian Orchestra

London Philharmonic Orchestra/Pink Floyd/Led Zepplin

Deep Purple/London Symphony Orchestra – Smoke on the Water

Mozart

Prokofiev

Thats enough for now..... :)

Louie, Louie
Hang on Sloopy
Down in the Boondocks....

oops....those are classics, not classical...

I have always liked anything by Beethoven/Bach, but haven't listened to any in years...

How about some Andres Segovia? Especially when he plays Asturias.

Usually anything by him and my 'go to' classical music is almost always anything by Vivaldi, but i especially love his "Four Seasons".

DaveReed said:
Dave Brubeck always works for me.

DaveReed said:
OK. If that was a little cheery, on a rainy gloomy afternoon:

Webern: Six Bagatelles for string quartet, opus 9

Threnody to the Victims of Hiroshima (if you can find it)

Berg: Violin Concerto (that one's especially gleeful - it's about a dead girl)

dr

DaveReed said:
Let's not forget any thing by the Portsmouth Symphonia and PDQ Bach.

Thanks, Dave!!!! PDQ Bach is a good one :lol:

DickT said:
This babe can play the violin, listen to how strong her intro is.

AWESOME!!!

And, if anybody's every seen the early 80's movie "Looker" this was the music used throughout it.

Back