• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

CMPMAN1974 2013 Grow Log

Sorry to hear about the mites Chris. I thought I had a bad case of them too but it ended up being herbacide damage. Freaking yard service. The damage is exactly the same as mites. My year isn't going to be the best either.

I do like the looks of that Apocolyps Red. Is that an AISPES type?

Hope your season turns around for you. Still got a month of good heat.

patrick said:
Sorry to hear about the mites Chris. I thought I had a bad case of them too but it ended up being herbacide damage. Freaking yard service. The damage is exactly the same as mites. My year isn't going to be the best either.

Patrick, how have you've been!! Haven't seen you here for a while, hope you are doing okay :)

Nice shots of some mean new varieties. Excellent work.

Spectracide, the one with pyrethrins as the active ingredient works well for me. Can spray up until harvest.

Hey, just wanted to share some pictures of some pods from seeds I got from Fernando that originally came from you.  I'm only growing one, but it is my favorite plant.  It is your Chocolate Bhut Jolokia x Yellow 7 Pot f5:

The pods:
DLCEgva.jpg

Pod compared to a normal Chocolate Bhut grown from seeds from Refining Fire(Your cross is the big one):
Ffh8Qr6.jpg

And a shot from under the plant:
cAwjqp0.jpg

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for putting these out there.  It has been my most prolific plant this year.  It's about 5' feet wide and 3' tall right now, and the pods have been awesome.

Is this the same pequin redondo rojo that you grew last year?  Nice size pods, easier on the hands picking these than the smaller ones...

Patrick, the Apocolypse Red is an AIASP hybrid (different Italian association than AISPES).  I'm involved with them. :) 
patrick said:

Thanks a lot!
Silver_Surfer said:
Nice shots of some mean new varieties. Excellent work.

Spectracide, the one with pyrethrins as the active ingredient works well for me. Can spray up until harvest.

Yes, I overwintered that and one other Mexican pequin strain.  I really enjoyed them.  The other one is turning into a monster bush!! 
Portuge said:
Is this the same pequin redondo rojo that you grew last year?  Nice size pods, easier on the hands picking these than the smaller ones...

Thanks for the answer Chris. I thought you had must misspelled AISPES. The Italians sure like their peppers don't they? Glad they do. Best of luck to you.

cmpman1974 said:
Thanks a lot.  To know if a green pod is ripe, I go by pod texture (usually will get softer when fully ripe).  Also, most times, the pods will darken to a different green shade. :)  You can also evaluate ripeness by seed embryo look.

Chris

I was just wondering today how long to let my Douglah ripen, because this is the first time I've grown them, then i remembered you said the above.

Your varieties keep amazing me, still looking awesome. How do you keep coming with everything? Does it ever end? I sure hope not, just keep on introducing them :dance:

Thanks Chris.  Taste is excellent with this cross.  Very fruity flavor.  Heat is reasonable, not super hot.  I like it a lot. 

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Nice looking pods and cross. How is the taste and heat of the CS x PT?

Yeah, I feel very fortunate.  I sprayed some organic insecticide called Concern twice and the issue seemed to improve some.  I still am wondering what caused the problem (broad mites, environmental or other)????  I have read that broad mites are much more destructive generally so it makes me think.  I'm hoping the turnaround continues.  No complaints here!
Dot Com said:
looks like you still have quite a good variety despite the set-backs you've encountered this season. Nice save.

You are right...the Italians LOVE their peppers. :) 
patrick said:
Thanks for the answer Chris. I thought you had must misspelled AISPES. The Italians sure like their peppers don't they? Glad they do. Best of luck to you.

I'll take a few photos of the garden soon. :)
Portuge said:
Cool pods, lets see how your back 40 is looking Chris...

Thanks.  I hope it doesn't end or I'd get bored.  lol.   I guess I'm pretty resourceful when it comes to finding peppers!  Hoping to take it to the next phase next season and start making my own crosses more.  I'm really interested in this aspect.
wahlee76 said:
Your varieties keep amazing me, still looking awesome. How do you keep coming with everything? Does it ever end? I sure hope not, just keep on introducing them :dance:

Back