• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

CMPMAN1974 2013 Grow Log

Like everyone is saying, amazing photos.  Cool to see all these varieties laid out like this.  It looks like your year shaped up a bit, you're getting a lot of pods. 
Also, this may be a dumb question, but how do you know when those evergreens are ripe or ready?

A few inside shots of pods:

More pod photos:

Yeah, the Hellfire F-1 is pretty atomic I feel!  I love the crazy stuff.  It keeps growing exciting for me to grow weird things. :)

MGOLD86 said:
I really don't know where to start.  We can really count on you to show us all the crazy varieties that not many people know about.  I learn about at least 2 or 3 new varieties every time I check in here, and we definitely love your photos.  It is nice to see that hellfire up there, really gnarly looking pod and that is the one that you said was atomic right?

Thanks!
Dot Com said:
very eclectic pepper selection. Always a pleasure to follow your Glog

I love these green/mustard types too. 
wahlee76 said:
Those Zibu and Evergreen peppers are really freaky. Lovin it! :P

George, I'm really sorry to hear about the health issues. :(  I was wondering where you were.  I hope things improve for you.  Drop me a message when you get time and let me know.
wildseed57 said:
Hi Chris, Your pepper photo's look great as usual, I have been gone for awhile do to my health as I had to go back to the hospital,  so that they could do some more surgery, long story there.
Love the red brain strain cross. 

You can tell a green pod is ripe by a moderate color change to a darker green, the firmness of the pod will lessen (more squishy), and when you cut them open, the insides will have a bronzed look. 

Pulpiteer said:
Like everyone is saying, amazing photos.  Cool to see all these varieties laid out like this.  It looks like your year shaped up a bit, you're getting a lot of pods. 
Also, this may be a dumb question, but how do you know when those evergreens are ripe or ready?
That could be it Charles!  Whatever this variety is, I like the orange pods a lot!  Which baccatum cross do you feel is closest to this one?  I agree, that Apocolypse is scary as hell.  Every pod is warted and pimpled.  Kind of different from many other super hots.  The Italian group really wants these SHU tested.

Spicegeist said:
Apocalypse is out of control!  Unknown orange looks a bit like how some of my baccatum x yellow bhuts turned out...

I'm feeling better, looks like the season is just about over, I have to look at what I have and what I want to grow, i have about 12 plants I want to overwinter trying to keep them going will keep me busy, last year I planned 25 plants and ended up with about 50.
I have to cut that back to at least half of that, although I will most likely end up with even more. Great photo's as always,  love the yellow 7 pot Jonah. Take Care  

I don't know what I enjoy more - the amazing photography or the crazy varieties I've never heard of before. Fantastic.

Hey Chris-
Helluva place to come with no likes left, but here I was .....
"LIKE"
Variations are crazy strange critters.
PM that seed list-box should be open again...packin the pods , I think!
DJ

Well Chris, it looks like the season is over, the lady has sung her song, Temps here in missouri will bottem out in the teens tonigh and it will remain quite cold all this week,
Thanks for the seeds they will help make my coming grow a bit more interesting. Next week I will have to build a second grow table for my seedlings the hardist will be coming up with a good cheap heating source that will have a control on it, I have several Ideas that I'm looking at I will need to get a T5 set up that I can raise or lower the lights without a lot of hassle. 
I will miss all your photo's but it wont be long till its time to warm up the grow tables and chang out lights if needed.
P.S. that 7Pot Lava from pepperlover.com looks really narly with that stinger on it, did yo have other pod shapes and it looks like a small pepper.?

Hey, Chris, been awhile!  Good to see you had a rockin' grow
this year.  Your photos and crosses are most interesting!

Back