• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

CMPMAN1974's 2011 Growing Log - Started 1/29/11

Well, I finally got motivated and dropped some seeds in my 162 count plug tray this afternoon. Filled up 100 of the spaces. It's always so hard to narrow anything down. I've got the seed tray on a heating mat calibrated to 86 degrees. Sowing so many individual varieties is always one huge chore. I kind of envy people like AJ planting 100 of the same variety.

I sowed a lot of C. chinenses, some wild bird types, and wild praetermissums and a few other wild species. There is nothing very common on this years' list. lol. :) Tons of strange super hot cross attempts from people. At least I've got a solid system now as far as spreadsheets and tracking.

I wish I had acres to grow all I want. I could really get carried away!

I'll start the Annuums and Baccatums in early March. I'm cutting way, way back on Rocotos. I struggled last year to get them to produce (well ripen) on time. I'm not a quitter by any means though. :)

I will be pretty much growing 100% in the ground this season. I don't feel like spending money on soil this year. I built three more 4' x 12' raised beds last Fall to add some growing space. I should be fine.

Chris

I just found this thread. Thanks for all these great impressions of so many very special varieties.

One of them i'm going to grow this season: the CGN 21500. Well, i'm still waiting for the seeds i ordered some days ago, but i already feel a bit like waiting for christmas or my birthday because of this seeds.

If i'd know where from i could get some seeds of Cheiro Roxa here in Germany i would try growing these this season, too. But i did not find some. Well, there are many seasons yet to

Can you tell me something about the taste of Cheiro Roxa and CGN 21500?

I just got here, too. Went through every page. Amazing success, and Michigan's growing season can't be that long. I look forward to Chris' 2012 glog.

I'm wondering what his stomach is like during harvest season having all those superhots to taste!

Back