Coffee Roasters

SavinaRed said:
With the new iphones I never use a camera anymore.

I stopped using my real camera before the iPhone I.Q. was near good-enough, preferring convenience ... and it's nice that the capabilities are now coming in-range ...

dragonsfire said:
Ah, so how long and how many watts is your popper ?
I have 3 of them. A 1040 watt, a 1200 watt and a 1440 presto which has the small screen on the bottom middle instead of the side vents. The 1200 watt one is the one most often used. That roast took 8 minutes.

So yesterday a friend gave me his presto lite hot air popcorn popper that has 1440 watts. This model has the screen on the bottom center rather than the side vents like I have in my other poppers. This is not suppose to be as good for roasting. So last night I took 1 cup of beans and put them into the popper and I had made an aluminum chimney for it that was 4 inches tall so they would not fly out of the popper. I stirred the beans with a wooden spoon for the first minute and a half and then let the popper do its thing. This roast only took 4 minutes and 30 seconds.

Attachments

• roasted beans.jpg
    roasted beans.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 65
grantmichaels said:
They look good to me!
Indeed and you cannot always go by what you read on the internet lol. Not everyone's experience is the same and the methods we use can be different as well. Maybe people don't like to stir the beans in the beginning but I don't mind as it keeps me more involved in the process.

Looks good. So the center onse are not that good? thats what mine has, I can understand the physics with that and that the side ones are better and create a whirlpool effect. Need to be on the look out for another one just for Coffee lol.

SavinaRed said:
Indeed and you cannot always go by what you read on the internet lol. Not everyone's experience is the same and the methods we use can be different as well. Maybe people don't like to stir the beans in the beginning but I don't mind as it keeps me more involved in the process.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453497674.947368.jpg

The one I have ... so far unused!

The presto has a wider mouth and you can put more coffee in that machine. I stapled a piece of thin  aluminum sheet  together to make a chimney so that the beans would not fly out. That popper will not work if you try and use the lid on it like some of the others that have the side vents. You can also try using an empty can of vegetables or even a coke can and cut off the top and bottom to rig up a chimney.

SavinaRed said:
The presto has a wider mouth and you can put more coffee in that machine. I stapled a piece of thin  aluminum sheet  together to make a chimney so that the beans would not fly out. That popper will not work if you try and use the lid on it like some of the others that have the side vents. You can also try using an empty can of vegetables or even a coke can and cut off the top and bottom to rig up a chimney.

Because I have not opened it yet, I have no idea what you are talking about ...

So here are a few pics with the aluminum chimneys on the poppers. The smaller popper has the 3inch spacer that I bought for a couple dollars at the hardware store and the taller popper the Presto has the sheet that I formed and stapled to make the chimney. 

Attachments

• popper.JPG
    popper.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 73
  • popper1.JPG
    popper1.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 74
  • popper2.JPG
    popper2.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 73
  • popper3.jpg
    popper3.jpg