coffee-tea Coffee

You just made my night.

I'm going to try this bag using the device I have - it's a stainless pot w/ a clear glass lid w/ a vent and a whirley ...

If I don't have good results, I might consider going w/ the alternative, which you've given really clear instruction for - for that I thank you ...

Same instructions apply for a whirley.  Just listen for the sounds, and keep the beans moving.  Although you may have a bit of chaff removal on your hands after the roast as there is no air current to blow them out.

Scuba_Steve said:
Same instructions apply for a whirley.  Just listen for the sounds, and keep the beans moving.  Although you may have a bit of chaff removal on your hands after the roast as there is no air current to blow them out.

That won't be too big of a deal ...

Looking forward to it!

Thanks, again.

Whirley pops work well for larger batches.  You have to ask yourself if you are going to drink a lb of coffee in 2 weeks.  I personally prefer the 3.5 oz size an air popper makes.  I often do 2 batches at a time and it lasts me right around a week and a half.  I don't drink as much as I use to though.

I never kept track, but it seems like we can get through a lb between us, in a week, if it's one of my crazier work weeks ...

We either use 35g, 55g, or 70g/day depending on which or both of us have a second beverage ...

Big beverages.

Scuba_Steve said:
Whirley pops work well for larger batches.  You have to ask yourself if you are going to drink a lb of coffee in 2 weeks.  I personally prefer the 3.5 oz size an air popper makes.  I often do 2 batches at a time and it lasts me right around a week and a half.  I don't drink as much as I use to though.
atleast a lb a week :)

I'll be trying my first batch w/ this, because I have it here ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427178208.581106.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427178170.511046.jpg

It has a thick bottom and works nicely for popcorn, so we'll see ...

Scuba_Steve said:

That is awesome!

Did you ever get around to doing your roast?  How did it turn out?

It's between brewing some beer and making jerk wings for the contest on my TODO list ;)

It'll be interesting to compare my roast to theirs, since I also have it as a finished product from them ...

It's one of our top 5 favorite coffees ...

We'll have to compare notes on some favorites in the future ...

Bit cold today. time for a caffe corretto    still playing with the new phone.    is there anyway to link a photo from a mobile?  had to edit from the puter 

Oyrm9at.jpg

Bit cold today. time for a caffe corretto    still playing with the new phone.    is there anyway to link a photo from a mobile?  had to edit from the puter 

Oyrm9at.jpg

Is Tapatalk avail for your phone's OS?

Thought this was about growing coffee, but I love everything coffee.  Bought pure Columbia coffee when in Columbia and that stuff was rot gut.  :eek:

Anyways, I have a coffee plant this year.  Just put it back on the patio today after taking it in for the cool spell.  Dang that thing is a slow grower compared to my banana tree.  From what I understand, it likes to share a bathroom while you take a shower.  I guess I could do that if I remember some day.  Maybe that will make it grow faster...  Dunno...

I have a la Pavione espresso machine that grinds coffee to order.  Oh my does that make the most awesome cappuccinos!  And the extra shots don't cost ya a buck.    I highly recommend this brand!  Mine is stashed away though.  Strong coffee gives me paroxysmal tachycardia.   :(   And well, I will be tempted to buy hightest if it is out.  Decaf it is....   :tear:

GM, you use an Aeropress correct?  How do you manage to always get so much crema?  I looked it up online and only found people using these absurd contraptions to put down enough psi.

Scuba_Steve said:
GM, you use an Aeropress correct?  How do you manage to always get so much crema?  I looked it up online and only found people using these absurd contraptions to put down enough psi.

?

most of the one's posted are pour-over from the kalita wave w/ frothed milk ...

Back