• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

COLLEGE FOOTBALL BABY

DISCLAIMER: Before anyone complains, let me stress that this thread is explicitly for baseless bragging and predictions.

WHO IS YOUR TEAM?

HOW FAR WILL THEY GO?

I WILL RESPOND FIRST TO SHOW THE SIMPLE FORMAT PREFERRED.

University of Texas

No idea how far they'll go; it depends on whether they stay healthy, especially the quarterback. I'll be rooting for them either way.

Hook 'Em Horns, Baby!

I have two teams :drooling:

Penn State
Beat Cal in Rose Bowl

Virginia Tech
National Champs

I actually like PSU more, but I think if Tech beats LSU, they will run the table.

I'll be rooting for OU and University of Michigan
I'll be checking on UCONN every so often but I dont expect much -- State University-- fun to go to

First shots have been fired. U of L's opponent was none too impressive. U of K was supposed to be our first victim, but they chickened out and demanded the third game of the season instead of the first, so we were scrambling for an opponent last minute. Murray state played well, but 73-10 is too ugly to even be that happy with.
They need to face a real opponent before I will be ready to brag anymore.

LSU 2003 BCS National Champions, but I also pull for all
the SEC teams (as long as its not the Tigers they are playing!)

Now if LSU beats VT next week they have a good chance of running
the table;)

ButchT:cool:

i'm an FAU (florida atlantic university) fan. :)

we were doing really well in our division a few years back..then we got bumped up to the next division and started getting destroyed. i haven't kept up with them to be honest..maybe i'll try and catch a game or two at some point.

I'm with Chuk. Hook em' horns all the way. As for the NFL...if it ain't Cowboys..it ain't football!! That's right I said it...now bring it!

The first day of college ball marks the beginning of direct TV hell for me in the sports bar I work at as customers from all over want to watch their team...on the TV in front of them regardless of who is already watching or what other TV's their team is on. Add in blackouts the special package for Big10 that we can't get and then factor in the...oh lord...the golf and tennis crowd who are suprised that golf and tennis aren't on because the open is just once a year and football lasts months...and "no sir the sound is on WVU and is not going to be changed (well because the WVU fan who asked is smoking hot if you must know)"

11 cable boxes means 11 different games, please get down from there you cannot change the channel like that...

what do you mean FIBA? what the hells with the basketball too...

Go Wildcats !!
and what the hey...Go Hawaii

Appalachian isn't the only underdog story. Clemson had their way with Fla State! I only care because I know a real ass hole who swears every year that Fla state will be the #1 team. HAHAHAHA!!

cheezydemon said:
UNIVERSITY OF LOUISVILLE (playing in 3 hours)

Will: WIN THE BIG EAST, WIN A BCS BOWL GAME, TOP 5 POST SEASON

No shit...I have had season tickets for 6 years straight, going tomorrow night for the carnage...and the tailgaiting.

My team definately University of Louisville

agree, win Big East, Win BCS game, top 5 finish.

Back