• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Come on spring

It's supposed to be in the mid to upper 40's here this weekend - I just might have to pull out the gas grill and fire it up. I'm having grilling withdrawal - I can't wait for 50's then I can for certain get my butt out there and grill.

I honestly I dont think I could go all winter without bbqing.I bbq almost every day lol -20 outside and im using my propane bbq cooking up some ribs or something lol.But the nicer warmer weather will make it alot more enjoyable to do though.Its like +5 out and it feels great Ill be firing up my new barrel smoker this weekend to season it and try her out

I would be missing wonderful spring totally this year. From Frigid Michigan winter, I am flying straight into Indian summer coming Tuesday.:tear:

I am ready for spring too...lots of our days now are in the mid-high 60s...that's about average for this time of year...

:lol: Every day on our Fox TV station, they have a "weatherwise" question...yesterdays question was when is the average last Winter/Spring frost date...March 13th was the answer...

I shall still be leary of the weather for another couple of weeks after the 13th, but it is getting time to start transplanting some of the seedlings to their new summer homes of 5 gallon/7 gallon containers...

AlabamaJack said:
I am ready for spring too...lots of our days now are in the mid-high 60s...

Futurama_Fry_Looking_Squint.jpg

oh yeah? well....uhhh.....our hockey team is better than yours, Mr. Awesome Texas-weather man.
take that!

AlabamaJack said:
I am ready for spring too...lots of our days now are in the mid-high 60s...that's about average for this time of year...

Its painful to hear this especially when its a balmy 32F here. Sunny though after 3 weeks of overcast.

We cook on the grill all winter long, rain or shine, sleet or snow, at least 3-4 times a week. But also, I cannot wait till spring.

I don't wait for spring!! I did find out that my smoker can maintain 225* when it is only 10* (with a blanket) and will maintain 215* at 25* with no blanket!!

Back