• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Compmodder26's 2012 Grow Log - New Video Update

So I just finalized my grow list for 2012, aka my first attempt at growing peppers. I'm starting out relatively small for my first time, although it has been tough trying to narrow them down thanks to Jamie (romy6) and his extreme generosity. But at any rate here is what I plan to grow:

Red Bhut Jolokia - 1
7 Pot Jonah - 1
Naga Morich - 2
Brain Strain - 2
TS Butch T - 2
Chocolate Bhut Jolokia - 1
Yellow Fatalii - 1

So that's a total of 10 plants and 7 varieties. I'll be starting at the first of the year.

Wish me luck!

Edit: Hehe, I just posted this and I'm already changing it up. I decided that since I'm growing 2 naga morich, they are supposed to be similar to bhuts so I dropped 1 red bhut and added 1 7 pot jonah

Nice little box o' pods there, Brian. That should hold you for a few days!
Good work on the pickles and sauces; they look great.

How much growing season do you have left in KY?

Have a good week, bro!

Wow, can't believe it's been this long since I updated. Here's a vid I shot last week of the plants:

Since that video, I have gotten EXTREMELY sick from a nasty stomach virus. I was laid up in bed from last Friday until yesterday. Wouldn't wish that virus on my worst enemy. It really kicked my butt. During that time, we ended up with some really cold nights. Sunday night got down to 36. My south asian plants did not take too kindly to it. All three Naga Morich plants are dropping leaves like crazy and the Bhut Jolokia, while not as severe, is doing the same. The trinidad varieties seemed to have taken it in stride though. I'm afraid the affected plants will not bounce back so easily.

Got a lot of catching up to do...

Nice little box o' pods there, Brian. That should hold you for a few days!
Good work on the pickles and sauces; they look great.

How much growing season do you have left in KY?

Have a good week, bro!

Thanks Paul.

I thought I had until mid-end October, but the weather has sucked big time recently. My update above explains the problems I'm facing now. But yeah, usually, the really cold weather holds off until November.

I thought I had until mid-end October, but the weather has sucked big time recently. My update above explains the problems I'm facing now. But yeah, usually, the really cold weather holds off until November.

Good luck dodging the bullets, bro. So far my Naga Morich and
the Jolokias are ripening up pretty well. fingers crossed.

Wow, can't believe I've been AWOL for nearly 2 months now. I've been SWAMPED with work lately. Anywho, just wanted to let you guys know that I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. I probably still won't be very active for another couple of months, until work dies down.

Well I was just wondering about you. See you next year. Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, and a jolly new year

Wow, can't believe I've been AWOL for nearly 2 months now. I've been SWAMPED with work lately. Anywho, just wanted to let you guys know that I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. I probably still won't be very active for another couple of months, until work dies down.
Believe me, I feel you! Get back when you can...see you then bro!

Back