• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Compmodder26's 2012 Grow Log - New Video Update

So I just finalized my grow list for 2012, aka my first attempt at growing peppers. I'm starting out relatively small for my first time, although it has been tough trying to narrow them down thanks to Jamie (romy6) and his extreme generosity. But at any rate here is what I plan to grow:

Red Bhut Jolokia - 1
7 Pot Jonah - 1
Naga Morich - 2
Brain Strain - 2
TS Butch T - 2
Chocolate Bhut Jolokia - 1
Yellow Fatalii - 1

So that's a total of 10 plants and 7 varieties. I'll be starting at the first of the year.

Wish me luck!

Edit: Hehe, I just posted this and I'm already changing it up. I decided that since I'm growing 2 naga morich, they are supposed to be similar to bhuts so I dropped 1 red bhut and added 1 7 pot jonah

Hey, Brian, glad to see the moldies have subsided a bit.
Man, that darn bac spot is a bastage, all right. Hope the
skim milk/bonide/neem combo does the job! The pods
you are getting look great, on the other hand. The Naga
Morichs are productive, all right. Cool to see them ripening
up for you!

Good luck to you as you enter the late stages of youth, brother!

Thanks Paul!

I was busy last night and this morning processing the fruits of my labor. I made another hot sauce and pickled some banana peppers.

Here's the ingredients of the hot sauce (it was meant to be somewhat of a clone of LDHS's "Unlucky Squirrel" prototype)

7 Pot Jonahs (mine)
Red 7 Pot Brainstrains (from cappy)
Jalapenos (from kroger)
Apple Cider Vinegar
Lime Juice
Garlic (sauteed)
Onion (sauteed)
Carrots
Salt
Cayenne Flakes
Brown Sugar

Now this wasn't as good as the Unlucky Squirrel (it's tough to beat that flavor). Some ingredients were different, but I think the main reason it wasn't as good is I didn't prep the ingredients like LDHS did. He fire roasted his peppers and roasted his garlic. So I'm pretty sure those imparted a whole different flavor. At any rate, I still think this sauce tastes delicious, just not on the level of the Unlucky Squirrel. LDHS if you are reading this, DO NOT change up the flavor profile when you bring your superhot sauce into production (pretty please!).

P1100580.JPG

Here's the pickled banana peppers I made last night (recipe):
P1100581.JPG

And here I thought you ate all your pods straight off the plant with very little to process ;)

Very nice indeed :woohoo:

Haha, there's just too many for me to do that. Although I'm at a lull with everything except for my Naga Moriches. But there's a bunch of green pods popping up on my other plants. When they ripen there will be some good sized harvests in my future.

Thanks for the compliments Jamie!

Brian,
That last bottle looks tampered with...better send it out to me right away for safety purposes! Great looking sauce and pickled goodness my friend!

I have a question!?!?!?!? When the title says processed some fruits of your labor, and you have a bunch of pod reviews, does that mean the product is not for the public consumption???? cuz.. ya know. I had a different pic in mind for processed fruit JS :confused: :confused: :neutral:

LOL. By fruits of my labor I meant peppers I grew myself. And sorry, the products are not for public consumption. I am not on that level. Who knows, if I enjoy doing this enough, I may consider making it another means for income ;) But that is nowhere near the horizon right now.

Sorry for the lack of updates lately. Been really busy and just been trying in general to unplug a little bit more. I feel like I've been wrapped up on the internet quite a lot lately, so I've been trying to cut back. Anywho, things are about the same as they've been for a while. Still picking 15-25 Naga Morich every other day. Gonna be able to make a fair amount of powder when the season is over. My other plants are starting to ripen again. I've already picked 1 yellow 7 pot and it was delicious as always. The pods this go around seem to be much larger than the first wave were. I should expect some really good harvests in the next couple of weeks. I'll post a pic and/or vid later in the week.

Brother Brian. Cannot believe this is your first year growing. Your plants are stacked with pain. You should have enough pods to keep you through the winter. :dance:

And again thank you for the kick ass looking sauce. Should make a tasty seasoning on a fat steak while I am watching some football tomorrow

Looks alot better on my stove ;)

IMG_3811.jpg

:dance:

Brother Brian. Cannot believe this is your first year growing. Your plants are stacked with pain. You should have enough pods to keep you through the winter. :dance:

And again thank you for the kick ass looking sauce. Should make a tasty seasoning on a fat steak while I am watching some football tomorrow

Looks alot better on my stove ;)

IMG_3811.jpg

:dance:

Thanks Jamie! I think that will work out great on a steak. That sauce has a good all around flavor that should go well on just about everything. I hope you enjoy it!

So look at what came in the mail today from Vincent (coheed196):

P1100643.JPG

I've asked him for confirmation but I believe the top is Yellow Bhut Jolokias, bottom Peach Bhut, and right Yellow Brainstrain.

I'm going to do a review on one of each kind, then I'm going to do something special with the rest ;)

Thanks again Vincent!

Edit: Vincent says top is Yellow Fatalii, 2 on bottom left are Peach Bhut, rest on bottom are Peach Bhut x ?, and right are Yellow Brains

Back