• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Compmodder26's 2012 Grow Log - New Video Update

So I just finalized my grow list for 2012, aka my first attempt at growing peppers. I'm starting out relatively small for my first time, although it has been tough trying to narrow them down thanks to Jamie (romy6) and his extreme generosity. But at any rate here is what I plan to grow:

Red Bhut Jolokia - 1
7 Pot Jonah - 1
Naga Morich - 2
Brain Strain - 2
TS Butch T - 2
Chocolate Bhut Jolokia - 1
Yellow Fatalii - 1

So that's a total of 10 plants and 7 varieties. I'll be starting at the first of the year.

Wish me luck!

Edit: Hehe, I just posted this and I'm already changing it up. I decided that since I'm growing 2 naga morich, they are supposed to be similar to bhuts so I dropped 1 red bhut and added 1 7 pot jonah

Thanks Pia. I'm willing to give a little credit to my tolerance level, but I still feel that I haven't gotten a Brainstrain pod that is representative of the true heat they give. Most people rank it right up there with the Moruga Scorpion, and that pod lit me up pretty good. I may contact Cappy and see if he can send me a pod to review.

Yeserday I made some hot sauce out of some of the Jonahs and the left over Yellow Brains that I bought from Baker's a while back:

P1100539.JPG

And I picked this harvest about an hour ago. Happy Birthday to me! ;)

Top Left: Bell
Bottom Left: 7 Pot Jonah (1/5 molded)
Right: Naga Morich (5/46 molded)
P1100540.JPG

The Naga Morich plants are still LOADED with pods. I'll be picking another harvest of this size in only a few more days. They are really starting to come along now.

Wowwww. Now your an old man NOTTTTTTTTT. Enjoy your day. Any plans?

Yeah I'm feeling like an old man today. My plans for the day are to get my stomach to feel better after my stupidity from last night's reviews and dinner. I ate a 7 Pot Jonah and a Naga Morich with dinner, then turned around 4 hours later and ate 7 Pot Primo and a 7 Pot Congo SR Gigantic for reviews. My stomach hated me last night and still does a little today. I didn't throw up, but I wish I had so I could have gotten some sleep last night. Instead I was having horrible cramps in my stomach all night.

So no, nothing big going to happen tonight. I might crack open a cold one with dinner, but that's about all the excitement I'll have.

Well crap. I'm pretty sure I have Bac spot on 3 plants (both 7 Pot Jonahs and the Yellow 7 Pot). I have leaves covered in black spots and they are dropping like crazy. I've yanked all the leaves that I can spot that look like they are infected. I ordered some Bonide copper fungicide. Hopefully it will arive soon so I can stop the spread.

Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda) is a great natural fungicide. If you have any around the house, mix 1 tablespoon baking soda with 1 gallon of water and a squirt of Dawn dishwashing liquid, and apply to the flowers and leaves. Hopefully that will help with the mold issues?

Anyway your naga morich seems to be very prolific. How was it in terms of taste? On a side note, a friend grew bhut jolokia last year and none of the plants produced any peppers. He over wintered a few of them and this year each plant produced 300+ bhuts. They do great the second year.

Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda) is a great natural fungicide. If you have any around the house, mix 1 tablespoon baking soda with 1 gallon of water and a squirt of Dawn dishwashing liquid, and apply to the flowers and leaves. Hopefully that will help with the mold issues?

Anyway your naga morich seems to be very prolific. How was it in terms of taste? On a side note, a friend grew bhut jolokia last year and none of the plants produced any peppers. He over wintered a few of them and this year each plant produced 300+ bhuts. They do great the second year.

Thankfully the mold issues are pretty well under control. Now I only notice it in underdeveloped pods, which are few and far between. Now I'm dealing with Bacterial Leaf Spot. Will the baking soda solution help with that? I've got some Bonide Copper spray coming on Monday. It's supposed to be able to at least slow it down. At the rate it's going with my Jonahs they won't have any leaves left in a couple of weeks.

About the Naga Morich. Yep both are very prolific. I keep picking pods and they keep pumping more out. The taste is very similar to a bhut jolokia and the heat is as well. My Bhut is finally setting more pods. I picked 2/3 of the only ones on it and now it's popping quite a bit more out. It's like it just needed to be stimulated or something. Had I known that, I would have picked those pods when they were green.

Sorry to hear about the BLS...the bonide should help. Neem works ok too, but the Bonide is a step up from that. Good news that your pod mold issue is receding though! I suppose if its not one thing its another. Happy birthday to you brother. Don't blink over the next 10 years 40 will be here before you know it. Nice pull on the Nagas, and sounds like we should be seeing some more real soon!

Thanks Shane! Yeah just when I thought it was smooth sailing from here, Mother Nature decides to give me another test. I hate her sometimes. Thanks for the Happy Birthday!

Go get ya some skim milk. It is the cheapest and best remedy for BLS :party: 1/2 water half skim :woohoo:

I have been fighting it for months. Non stop rain down here in the swamp :confused:

Nothing that will kill the plant just makes them look ugly

Go get ya some skim milk. It is the cheapest and best remedy for BLS :party: 1/2 water half skim :woohoo:

I have been fighting it for months. Non stop rain down here in the swamp :confused:

Nothing that will kill the plant just makes them look ugly

Ahh crap. I remember you telling me about skim milk before. I completely forgot about that. I'll pick some up tonight and use it at least until the copper spray comes in. Then I'll probably use it after that runs out. Thanks Jamie!

Decided I would fall in line and post a video of my plants.
Also here's another harvest pic. Naga Morich on left and little 7 Pot Jonah on the right. I think the Naga Morich harvests will be on this level from here on out.

P1100570.JPG

Back