• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Computer help

IT geek as well :) First dealings with VISTA Every indication and error string pointed to the ram having a bad write back -- LIke Bent had offered my only real worry was not having recovery disk to restore from as this was on an other partition. After removing the ram I still needed to restore to factory defaults as the video driver took a hit --- I think the person haad dropped the laptop in the woods while downloading video from his digital camera (for hunting) but didnt want to tell his parents nor his grandfather whom haad bought it --- all is well now

Just an update...after downloading the latest Windows patch, everything went back to normal, but quick restore didn't work. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

I don't care that the thread got hijacked, some good came of it for other users - which is the important thing. I just figured since I got resolution, I would tell people what worked for me so it is in the back of their mind next time their PC decides its going to be uncooperative.

bentalphanerd said:
Wow a geek groupie lol.

You betcha. I'd rather have big, bulging brains in my sweetie than big bulging biceps.

Bit of a nerdette yourself aren't you Pam?

Well, yeah. A bio-nerd and a science fiction geek to boot.

LUCKYDOG said:
Great now everyone will become a nerd vying for Pams attention

Oh, be still my beating heart!

Back