• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Cooking on the Pit Boss Copperhead pellet smoker

It was on sale so I had to buy it for $199.00. 1/2 price at Wally World so go find it if you need one. This thing comes with a 5 year warranty and I added another 2 years through Walmart for $16.  Enter your zipcode and snag one!! https://brickseek.com/walmart-invent...?sku=876324460

This thing is huge, it has 5 racks 22" wide by 14" deep, big enough to hold full size aluminum pans. There's no electric or gas heat, it actually burns the pellets.

I broke it in last night with a rack of ribs smoked 1.5 hours at 300 using hickory pellets, 1 hour wrapped and 30 minutes unwrapped, not bad for 3 hour ribs. I didn't trim the rack and the dog loved the tips!! There was only a slight smoke flavor but next time I'll follow directions and actually smoke them instead of baking them.

This this also cooks up to 450F so I'll also try a few pizzas.
100_3861.JPG

100-3858.jpg

100-3859.jpg

100_3860.JPG

Check with any grocery store that has an in house bakery, especially if they do birthday cakes. Most buy their frosting in bulk 5 gallon buckets that have really good sealing lids . Most will save you some if you ask , although you will probably have to wash the out yourself. I got my brining bucket and all the buckets I use for growing that way.

It had to happen and it's been a while since I used the smoker. Ribs and butt, it's what's for supper and leftovers for sandwiches and tacos.
I'm injecting and using a new to me rub from Costco.
100_5974.JPG

100_5975.JPG

The ribs are getting a mustard coat, a layer of Killeens rub and the new rub.
100_5977.JPG

One hour in and time for a spritz, today I'm using a local vinegar and apple juice.
100_5980.JPG

Both are looking good!
100_5981.JPG

Did I mention we're having crawfish too? Prices dropped due to all the restaurants being closed, I can't complain about $30 a sack and help the farmers in the process.
100_5982.JPG

Back