• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Cool Chritmas gift

Not really. How many people(besides Jay Leno) can say they own a jet powered bike? And just think....anyone rides up on your ass and you can melt the front of their car off!

Sickmont said:
Not really. How many people(besides Jay Leno) can say they own a jet powered bike? And just think....anyone rides up on your ass and you can melt the front of their car off!

Hmmm, that gives me an idea........:)

Sickmont said:
I'd like one of THESE

Any color will do. Thanks, Santa!

looks pretty crazy..hah i love the power output 320hp @ 52000rpm!
and 425ft/lbs @ a whopping 2000 rpm :) i didn't notice any times though..quarter mile, 0-60, 0-100 etc. i think even leno was saying how other bikes would leave the jet bike on the line, but once that turbine gets going, the jet bike will take off never to be seen again. though that is a lot of torque at a pretty low rpm...would need some good tires!

well i already bought my christmas gifts for the family..nothing crazy..a blender and accesories for my mom, shaun of the dead dvd for my dad, a book and video game for my brother for xmas and his birthday..he just turned 21 too, so i plan on bringing up some celebratory beer! :D

somehow i got the idea of getting a new guitar..and since then, i haven't been able to push it out of my head. so i went and applied for the musicians friend platinum cc and was approved. haven't etched it in stone just yet..but after looking around a bit..i think once the card arrives in the mail, i'll wind up ordering this: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-WRMG-Warrior-with-EMG?sku=512232 :)

won't be getting it before xmas but its gonna be well worth the wait...even though i can't wait. damnit!

Jackson's are decent axes. And as for anything jet-powered, a piston engined vehicle(or bike) will jump it off the line ever time....however, the jet will roar past it with their insane top-end power. Remember, the faster you spin a turbine, the more power they make, and it climbs exponentially.

Shooty* said:
The idea of Jay Leno on a motorbike is rather offputting....

haha well i've seen him ride a couple of his bikes (on tv or other video) but its not that scary. not sure if you know, but he also has a huge collection of vehicles. hes a car nut, and hes has plenty of money to fuel his hobby. it was funny seeing him drive around in his old electric car..the first electric car. he said "the best part is, i get to look down on all the people in their prius' and complain about their polution!" that carriage/car he has is all electric, so there aren't any emissions.

xgrafcorex said:
haha well i've seen him ride a couple of his bikes (on tv or other video) but its not that scary. not sure if you know, but he also has a huge collection of vehicles. hes a car nut, and hes has plenty of money to fuel his hobby. it was funny seeing him drive around in his old electric car..the first electric car. he said "the best part is, i get to look down on all the people in their prius' and complain about their polution!" that carriage/car he has is all electric, so there aren't any emissions.

He also got his black seal to work on all the steam powered vehicles he has.
Oh, and by the way, the guy's a decent motorcycle rider as well.

DEFCON Creator said:
His mis-shapen head still makes me laugh.

Oh yeah, of course. Every time i see his chin(him), it makes me think of the cow-catcher on the front of an old steam locomotive...or and old snow-plow.

A friend of mine over here is quite wealthy, and we got on the subject of his cars (Bentley, hummer, lamborgini, ferrari, etc) and we got on the subject of insurance the other day. I asked how much the lambo cost to insure

"No idea", he says, "They're all on a fleet policy".

Wow.

Back