craft beer

grantmichaels said:
I shouldn't really, but I like it ... a very quaffable 10% ... fun to drink!
I take it back. It started out good, but the bitterness against the sweetness of the watermelon made me dump it. 2 good flavors, just not together.

If I run out later, I'll grab a bottle ...

I don't love the Founders Breakfast* as much as I would imagine that I should ...

I love their Imperial, though ... might be my absolute favorite broadly available stout ...

Well it's Taco night for Game night so pick up a 4 of this

9DFACEFC-BAEB-4FA3-A040-CB56BEEB4C61_zpsvhpgfryf.jpg

IPA on Nitro. Should be interesting

Cheers

So, Samuel Adams started their Nitro Project and has 3 styles that are on Nitro, Nitro Coffee Stout, Nitro IPA and Nitro White Ale. I've had 2 of the 3 so far.

1029C101-CDD6-465D-8A1E-E9ACF3BCD4B7_zpsumlcygh4.jpg

Really enjoyed this, it was creamy smooth and everything your'd want from a coffee stout. The coffee was not over powering nor was it so light that it faded into the background. I found that as I rolled it around I would find more coffee flavor than malt or more malt than coffee as it hit the different flavor receptors on my tongue. This is a win!

88E9B43C-FBE1-40CD-8E0C-777D33D7440A_zpsajg5pemn.jpg

Alright to me this was a fail. I enjoy an IPA occasionally but am not a diehard IPA fan and to a more diehard fan it may be a win so don't let my comments put you off from trying it. What Infound was that I like the bigger bubbles of CO2 in the IPAs. To my tongue this was almost like drinking a flat one. I wasn't able to enjoy the creamy smoothness of the nitro as it was constantly interrupted by the bitterness and big hops flavor and aroma that this brew has.

I'm still looking forward to trying the White Ale and I think this is an interesting project for them to conduct. I'll be watching to see if any of y'all try them and what your thoughts are.

One last thought, I like the can design but as a homebrewer I was hoping they would say a bit about the grains and hop profile used in them.

Cheers

That SA Stout is very good upwards of 40 degrees,the last 3rd near 50 is pretty damn tasty
I have a friend that buys these weekly and gives me the Stouts,he loves all the others

Back