craft beer

I love this stuff.

14980841_1707692769558675_238240392162807604_n.jpg

sicman said:
I love this beer. Have drank it every winter for 8 years. Cant wait till next year.

15036694_1710173835977235_3330188535807133244_n.jpg

Quite possibly the best vintage of Celebration they've ever made IMO. This years Oktoberfest was by far and away the best vintage to date. If you can still find some Oktoberfest swoop on it, trust.

:cheers:  :beer:

Haha ... yeah ... drinking a lot of varied beers is good for the acquisition of "acquired taste" ...

Ozzy2001 said:
Your taste buds vary. You never know when you get a skunk beer too.

I get a lot of off flavors in commercial beer that's been kept for months ...

I'm drinking A LOT of year old bottles - and there's degradation, more often than not ...

Its good but SpaceCake is better IMO
sicman said:
I love this stuff.

14980841_1707692769558675_238240392162807604_n.jpg

Oxidation always rules for retail swills

grantmichaels said:
Haha ... yeah ... drinking a lot of varied beers is good for the acquisition of "acquired taste" ...

I get a lot of off flavors in commercial beer that's been kept for months ...

I'm drinking A LOT of year old bottles - and there's degradation, more often than not ...

The Hot Pepper said:

:rofl:

I remember when you didn't like hot sauce. Look how we've changed you! :lol:

Next up: horseradish

I really wish I could get into horseradish ...

I love really good (non-French's mustard), but have to steer around the horsie one's ...

I love sushi, but am aware of the lack of balance in what I'm having for not liking wasabi ...

I love, love, love prime rib and au jus, and yet, there's something out of balance that I attribute to not liking horsie-type condiments there ...

I would be well-served finding workarounds for them all, I think ...

I wonder if I could make an wasabi replacement for myself built on something like mushroom powder, fermented black bean paste and barrel-aged soy, in kewpie ...

Hmm ...

Fucting horseradish ... it's my kryptonite.

Make your own as an experiment. Grate fresh and kill the enzyme right away with acid . Go with citrus if you are vinegar adverse. It actually has a very fresh taste if you don't let the enzyme have a chance to pump out mustard oil.

I agree with ashen and also think vinegar may be at play, many people who hate yellow mustard actually are reacting to the high level of vinegar in it. French's for example is loaded and will ruin a ham sammie.

It's interesting because Maille opened me up to mustard, and now I fucking love it ...

I hated mustard because of French's, Heinz, and Grey Poop-On ...

Then again, I hated beer because of macro beer, so it's not unique to condiments. ..

Back