vendor Crazy Hot Seeds

https://www.crazyhotseeds.com/

logo.png

This should be interesting, as I bought three Reaper and 3x "Chocolate Bhutlah" plants from this vendor the other night, having clicked through AJDrew's website ...

They had a (727) area code for a phone number, and the pictures on their Facebook page seemed "nice" ...

Basically they have to be St. Pete/Clearwater, FL or so, so they can't be too far away ...

The site says they are certified by the state ...
https://www.crazyhotseeds.com/us/

The return policy is acceptable ...
https://www.crazyhotseeds.com/return-policy/

Their policies seem appropriate ...
https://www.crazyhotseeds.com/privacy-policy/

I don't think I'm aware of them as being a THP member, but it looks like there's some drama elsewhere on the net, where they might not be selling legit chocolate bhutlah - we'll see about that soon enough, I guess.

I'm starting some seeds myself, anyways, but I was happy to pick up a couple of plugs to have fresh pods sooner than later since I haven't been able to source any yet, still ...

I bought their Top 10 seed bundle w/ the half-dozen plants, because I only had the TS and Reaper seeds from that list already, so it'll be interesting to see how this one pans out ...

I'm writing to praise the vendor.  Last summer, my cousin bought me a number of seed packets for my birthday, all from http://www.crazyhotseeds.com/ I sowed two of the Chocolate Bhut seeds and they both sprouted.  The pods are growing true and I've already picked a few.  The one that I ate was nasty hot, with good, complex, Chocolate Bhut flavor.  Since I've had a good experience with the Vendor, I'll be doing business with them in the future and I wish them the best.

dragon49 said:
I'm writing to praise the vendor.  Last summer, my cousin bought me a number of seed packets for my birthday, all from http://www.crazyhotseeds.com/ I sowed two of the Chocolate Bhut seeds and they both sprouted.  The pods are growing true and I've already picked a few.  The one that I ate was nasty hot, with good, complex, Chocolate Bhut flavor.  Since I've had a good experience with the Vendor, I'll be doing business with them in the future and I wish them the best.

Thanks for the review dragon49!

Edited to be fair to the seller:

i wouldn't buy from them. i searched some images of theirs via www.imageraider.com and boom

1)https://www.crazyhotseeds.com/shop/7-pod-cardi/ 
its the same picture this persons avatar: http://thehotpepper.com/user/3462-roper2008/
roper2008 claimed its her photo at this topic. http://thehotpepper.com/topic/45710-ebay-seller-stole-my-photo/page-3
Edited: //the seller already said "they had never been sold" so i wouldn't count this one\\

2)checked https://www.crazyhotseeds.com/shop/7-pot-primo/
result:
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/26531-7-pod-primo/
Edited//:The seller said "i'll be sure to take new pictures this weekend" so i wouldn't call this a problem anymore.\\

The seller sells pepper by another person pictures so i wouldn't trust them or buy from them especially with their high prices.

Edited://To be fair to Crazy Hot Seeds here are some examples of photos that i found to be his.
1)for example:i checked Chocolate bhutlah pictures found nothing. only Crazy Hot Seeds have these photos so i have to say their his. :)
2)also checked Carolina reaper and found nothing so their his but he should watermark them more properly so no one put them on ebay.\\

Edited://so in conclusion many of his pictures are his, but for me to be fully trusted he should change the rest of photos to his own.
I'd also like to point that The seller says he intend to change the rest of the photos to his own, seems to me to be a good seller.\\

Proof is in the Pudding (will explain that later)

Mohamad, thank yo much for sharing review but feel the need to address a few points to defend the guy.

Ebay Reviews are Bad - If it is the same person (big if there) yep they are fairly bad.  However, reviews in this thread have been very good.  I submit that -if- it is the same person, we ought to be giving him an award for most improved.  People grow, they learn, they improve.

Stock images means questionable product - Not commenting as to using images without permission. Most retailers do not produce the product they sell.  I remember something Jim Duffy (who I respect the hell out of) said in a video.  If he did everything himself, he would never have time for his family.  The photo not your own controversy hit Pepper Joe once despite the fact that Pepper Joe is very open about buying and reselling seeds.  It is just the way most of the world works.

Wikipedia Spam - It is fairly common for people to try to get links to their websites by adding links to other sites.  You will note paying members of THP get to put a link in their signature.  Wikipedia is a hard crowd, so not sure why he tried or someone tried on his behalf.  But gotta give the person credit for not going back and trying to argue the point back and forth as many folk do.  Anyway, I think it is fairly normal for a person to try and establish links to his / her web site.

Wikipedia Talk Page

Proof is in the pudding.  If it tastes good it is pudding time.  The reviews here say it tastes good.

ajdrew said:
Proof is in the Pudding (will explain that later)

Mohamad, thank yo much for sharing review but feel the need to address a few points to defend the guy.

Ebay Reviews are Bad - If it is the same person (big if there) yep they are fairly bad.  However, reviews in this thread have been very good.  I submit that -if- it is the same person, we ought to be giving him an award for most improved.  People grow, they learn, they improve.

Stock images means questionable product - Not commenting as to using images without permission. Most retailers do not produce the product they sell.  I remember something Jim Duffy (who I respect the hell out of) said in a video.  If he did everything himself, he would never have time for his family.  The photo not your own controversy hit Pepper Joe once despite the fact that Pepper Joe is very open about buying and reselling seeds.  It is just the way most of the world works.

Wikipedia Spam - It is fairly common for people to try to get links to their websites by adding links to other sites.  You will note paying members of THP get to put a link in their signature.  Wikipedia is a hard crowd, so not sure why he tried or someone tried on his behalf.  But gotta give the person credit for not going back and trying to argue the point back and forth as many folk do.  Anyway, I think it is fairly normal for a person to try and establish links to his / her web site.

Wikipedia Talk Page

Proof is in the pudding.  If it tastes good it is pudding time.  The reviews here say it tastes good.

We don't sell seeds on ebay for one and two I saw you mentioned us earlier in another thread about Wikipedia and I just ignored it, but you keep bringing it up so I will say this. We have never edited that Wikipedia page to include our links. Anyone can edit that page, for example I could just as easily edit that page to include a link to Peppers By Mail. It will be removed for spam soon after.

mohamad3333 said:
if crazyhotseeds.com seeds do grow true, then i I highly suggest that crazyhotseeds.com upload his own photos with watermarks. to be more trusted.

The peppers you mentioned have been out of stock for a year or more and out of stock isn't visible without a direct link. Primo just came back in stock about a week ago, i'll be sure to take new pictures this weekend. I'll just remove the images of the out of stock ones since we aren't growing them.

Crazy Hot Seeds said:

The peppers you mentioned have been out of stock for a year or more and out of stock isn't visible without a direct link. Primo just came back in stock about a week ago, i'll be sure to take new pictures this weekend. I'll just remove the images of the out of stock ones since we aren't growing them.
Its not whether their out of stock or not, you sold them by someone else picture, anyway if you intend to upload new photos and your seeds do grow true. then your gonna be one of the trusted sellers here^^ and people will buy from you with no fear whatsoever.

^^ I didn't say you sell wrong seeds , I cant tell if you do or not i haven't tried your seeds, its just that selling with someone else photo what bothers me, if you change that then your as good as any other seller here.

Crazy Hot, I am trying to defend you while not attaching Mohamad.  Trying to be neutral, giving the benefit of the doubt to both.  I am so very not trashing you.

Ebay: As I understand what Mohamad is saying, he feels you and the guy with the horrible Ebay reviews are one in the same.  Please note I began addressing that by saying: "If it is the same person (big if there) yep they are fairly bad."  I went on to cast doubts on the two being the same by pointing out your excellent reviews here.  Maybe that did not come across in my joke about being the most improved.  I apologize.  Clearly I doubt you guys are one in the same cause the reviews on Ebay are horrible and the reviews here are excellent.  I so wish there was a sarcasm font.

Avatar - About the worst thing I said about you is that I have no comment on the issue of using roper2008's avatar without permission.  To that I said I am not commenting.  Why?  Well, the photos look the same but I do not know you, I do not know Mohamad3333, and I do not know roper2008.  The photo does look the same but for all I know roper2008 took it from your site.  I said I was not commenting on it cause I didn't want to get roper2008 all riled up.  I am commenting now cause obviously you are getting trashed and I think other folk should think on the possibility that it went the other way.  Ultimately, only you and roper2008 know.

Using Stock Photos - I rather clearly defended the action.  I use stock photos when writing about a thing.  I first try Wiki commons, but I also use other sources.  Lets say I am writing a book review.  I might use a picture from Amazon.  Hell, I operate Amazon Associate sites and havent taken a single one of those images.  When it comes to my garden, I am not a reseller at all.  I grow everything I sell.  But I am tiny.  Likely insignificant by your standards.  This time of the year, I am out of about every thing because I do everything myself.  It is the WRONG way to run a business.  I am reminded of what one of my favorite seedman (Jim Duffy) once said in a video.  Something like: If you do everything yourself, there is no time left for your family.  The only reason I can do it all myself is that I am tiny, tiny, tiny.  With my web traffic, if I were smart I would buy bulk wholesale and split it up into individual packages like most successful seed sellers do.

As an example: Pepper Joe openly solicits growers to produce seeds for him.  He too once got trashed for using someone elses photos, but when you are not growing your own you have no choice what so ever.  Same for if you are growing your own, want a photo, but are introducing a new pepper that year. 

Wikipedia - I do not keep bringing it up.  I brought it up once before.  Here people are bitching about you, so I mentioned it again in defense.  Yep, someone else could have done it.  I even said "...or someone tried on his behalf."  I did not bring up the idea that someone is trying to bad rep you here on THP by spamming Wikipedia with your website because that seems a bit remote and frankly my brain does not register such bizarre conspiracy theories.  But now that you suggest it, I guess it is possible someone gunning for you modified a Wikipedia page, included spam for your site, and waited until someone like me noticed.

Now if you like, I could check the Wikipedia page to see if the person who spammed their page with your web site url did so while signed in.  If not, Wikipedia will list their IP address.  I could then see if I can not find the emails I have from you and see if they have the ip address of where they originated.  I might also be able to get meta out of the avatar issue to settle that argument.  Anything I can do to help, feel free to ask.

In closing: I do not know you.  I do not know Mohamad.  I do not know roper2008.  All I know in that folk here at THP have given you great reviews and that means the pudding is good.  One guy with almost no posts (like you) comes here and trashes you.  I submit this whole thing is two people who were bickering elsewhere come to THP to continue the shit and I stepped in it.

Good luck, scraping off and bowing out despite knowing I will get sucked in when you two expand the conflict.

I understand where you are coming from Mohammed. What I meant by out of stock is that they had never been sold and that listing was just sitting for about a year. Out of sight out of mind. I will update accordingly.

ajdrew, you mentioned it twice; that is reoccurring. I'm not bashing you either, I just felt I had to clear the air.

Crazy Hot, guy I said I mentioned it once before this.  You corrected me by saying I mentioned it twice.  OK then, I mentioned it twice and once was in defense saying someone else could have done it.  I am just about sucking your dick and telling people it tastes like candy.  Please dont be all grumpity.

Back