vendor Crazy Hot Seeds

https://www.crazyhotseeds.com/

logo.png

This should be interesting, as I bought three Reaper and 3x "Chocolate Bhutlah" plants from this vendor the other night, having clicked through AJDrew's website ...

They had a (727) area code for a phone number, and the pictures on their Facebook page seemed "nice" ...

Basically they have to be St. Pete/Clearwater, FL or so, so they can't be too far away ...

The site says they are certified by the state ...
https://www.crazyhotseeds.com/us/

The return policy is acceptable ...
https://www.crazyhotseeds.com/return-policy/

Their policies seem appropriate ...
https://www.crazyhotseeds.com/privacy-policy/

I don't think I'm aware of them as being a THP member, but it looks like there's some drama elsewhere on the net, where they might not be selling legit chocolate bhutlah - we'll see about that soon enough, I guess.

I'm starting some seeds myself, anyways, but I was happy to pick up a couple of plugs to have fresh pods sooner than later since I haven't been able to source any yet, still ...

I bought their Top 10 seed bundle w/ the half-dozen plants, because I only had the TS and Reaper seeds from that list already, so it'll be interesting to see how this one pans out ...

My bet is the thread goes stale.

He's going to slink off now.

The seeds likely have no real value to someone selling them - I'm sure he has hundreds and hundreds.

I agreed to keep the 3x "bhutlah" regardless, and I'll honor my word.

In his mind he'd rather keep the $10 he has right now, than have the seeds back.

I'd have to do work and continue to waste time and life to screw w/ PayPal dispute, and I likely won't over $10, or even $30 - since it would be at an operational loss to me, personally.

I doubt we'll see anymore of CHS.

This thread will exist to warn THP users from doing business w/ him/them.

Crazy Hot Seeds said:
Grant I know what you are trying to do. You are abusing the system by trying to get free merchandise by claiming to receive "infested" plants.

THIS...would have to be the absolute worst way to start forming a response to a customer concern EVER.  I wish all small business success, including yours, but with this attitude you're not going to get very far.  A satisfied customer may tell 2 or 3 people about their experience, a dissatisfied customer will tell everyone they know.  If I treated any of my clients like the above....well lets just say I wouldn't have any clients left after a short time.

This thread is becoming quite depressing.

I am willing to give Dave a chance and see if the Chocolate Bhutlah seeds I purchased actually produce Chocolate Bhutlah peppers before I pass judgement.

Having said that, is there anywhere I can buy <quote> REAL <unquote> Chocolate Bhutlah seeds so that I might make a fair and unbiased comparison? Because I looked, and Crazy Hot Seeds was the only vendor I saw offering them. So, if the <quote> REAL <unquote> Chocolate Bhutlah is unavailableto do side-by-side comparison, how might one know for sure?

Not sure if you've read the entire thread but here you go:

standbyandfire said:
Not the real Chocolate Bhutlah's
Trust me I know  :)

They were using other peoples pic's on their website. Took Ted's photo and then used Paul Tonkin's(which was not even a choc.bhutlah) We asked them to not use and all they did was block anyone that said anything about it. In my op, they are using the name to make a quick buck. BUYER BEWARE

standbyandfire said:
Totally fake chocolate bhutlah's.  Came from my garden in 2013, named them and sent to some of my friend' s that review pods. The ppl you see on youtube reviewing them got the pods from me. It is only an f3 this season and has not been tested yet. The " Real " Chocolate Bhutlah is (bhut x douglah) x T.S. Butch T. This guy started using the name after the youtube videos came out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_BhtxWzqkU&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Me pod testing my f1 Chocolate Bhutlah. Fall of 2013

alkhall said:
This thread is becoming quite depressing.

I am willing to give Dave a chance and see if the Chocolate Bhutlah seeds I purchased actually produce Chocolate Bhutlah peppers before I pass judgement.

Having said that, is there anywhere I can buy <quote> REAL <unquote> Chocolate Bhutlah seeds so that I might make a fair and unbiased comparison? Because I looked, and Crazy Hot Seeds was the only vendor I saw offering them. So, if the <quote> REAL <unquote> Chocolate Bhutlah is unavailableto do side-by-side comparison, how might one know for sure?

alkhall said:
 if the REAL Chocolate Bhutlah is unavailable to do side-by-side comparison, how might one know for sure?

In my opinion no cross is really available as seed until the creator stabilizes it enough to sell. Unless you already know exactly how it should look and taste you will have no idea if it's correct or not. You can buy seeds for an unstable cross, but you don't know what will come out of them.

If you can get a real chocolate bhutlah and grow seeds from that pod, you'll at least have an idea if the pods you grow are close. I would still consider it a different pepper until the original is stabilized and released.

--edit for extra ontopicness
Thank you CrazyHotSeeds for showing me how you handle customer service. If that's how you treat customers publicly I really don't want to see what you do when you think no one is watching.

And thank you Grant for giving him the chance to do so. Hopefully those plants will grow into something worth growing anyway.

He's too busy acting like a victim to hear anything, that I've seen.

I haven't received the $10 refund I requested for the fake bhutlah's, but I'm still going to send the seeds back. He PM'd *an* address.

If I don't get the $10, I fully intend to dig deeper and fire up the dog and pony later this weekend ...

I would totally get rid of me for $10, but this prick can't seem to get out of his own way, so I suspect there's more to come ...

OK, to be very clear; I not taking anyone's side (except my own), but if there is no actual Chocolate Bhutlah because it is not a stable cross, how can there a <quote> fake Chocolate Bhutlah <unquote>?

grantmichaels said:
You've refunded the Reaper's, so they are out of the discussion ...

I'm keeping the CHS Chocolate Bhutlah to grow out, so I'll guarantee that I won't ask for a refund on them, regardless of the cloudiness around the name/genetics etc ...

Not sure why you are asking for another $10 refund. I have refunded you everything you have asked for. 

To date you have only spent $30.94. You have paid what the plants cost on our website. $24.95 + $5.99 shipping for 3 plants. If you think that is too expensive, then you could have purchased from a different vendor. If you still think it is too expensive, then ship them back and I'll issue a refund for those as well.

I want to apologize to you Grant for my behavior. I realize that I was in the wrong and shouldn't treat my customers that way. 

I'm sure you will update here on our Chocolate Bhutlah pepper. Hopefully you don't blame the pepper for how I treated you. Maybe you can describe the heat and flavor once it fruits.

Crazy Hot Seeds said:
I want to apologize to you Grant for my behavior. I realize that I was in the wrong and shouldn't treat my customers that way. 

I'm sure you will update here on our Chocolate Bhutlah pepper. Hopefully you don't blame the pepper for how I treated you. Maybe you can describe the heat and flavor once it fruits.
Everybody learns as they grow. You learned a valuable business lesson.

Practice "The customer is always right" and go out of your way to please them, even when they are wrong (not saying Grant is). There's a reason that saying exists. It does not literally mean the customer is always right, but as a business you need to treat it that way to excel.

Good luck to you!

I have a bag of suspected Bhutlah seeds. From pods I was sent from whom I don't wish to mention and I have no idea of the original source. The pods (no idea of their filial digit) appeared very real, look, taste, and heat, was much like the reviews. The fact of the matter is the Bhutlah is not stable yet. No matter what your seed source, chances are good you may not get the pheno type the creator is trying to achieve through stabilizing and then releasing their work as a Strain. Because of this thread and out of respect for the creator I won't share the seeds and only keep them for my personal use. I would hate to accidentally promote someone trying to get rich off a NAME, for a strain that isn't a complete strain yet.

hogleg said:
f**k that, fight more. I wanna see this sombitch locked up!  :snooty:  :rofl:  sometimes all I can do is shake my head.  

This morning I bought a padded envelope, and then placed a follow-up order from @Juanitos ;) ... it's only a 2-day trip from OK, so it's only a day longer ...

It's easy to feel good about supporting him, too - plants arrived in fine shape and he's contributed to the community (pepper wiki, led tutorial) ...

I

grantmichaels said:

This morning I bought a padded envelope, and then placed a follow-up order from @Juanitos ;) ... it's only a 2-day trip from OK, so it's only a day longer ...

It's easy to feel good about supporting him, too - plants arrived in fine shape and he's contributed to the community (pepper wiki, led tutorial) ...

I know I'm a jerk for saying this. But you know this turned out almost exactly as I suspected other than it wasn't adjnew. Just please stop boiling ribs. :party:  I hope your plants grow well this year Grant.

Back