Chimichurri sauce

1/2 cup Parsley
1/2 cup oregano
1/4 cup thyme 
2 limes juiced
1/3 cup olive oil
4 cloves of garlic
2 shallots
handful of peppers- I used aji omni color, criolla sella, xalapas jalapeno and tepin x lemon drop.

Add ingredients to food processor and pulse until desired consistency 

_MG_0837.JPG

Marinaded the skirt steak in lime juice and toasted Cumin and smoked pequins

_MG_0829.JPG

_MG_0834.JPG

Smoking over mesquite at 225

_MG_0848.JPG

Bump for fresh tortilla post

Looks good D3. Tried my first ripe criolla sella last night. Real flavorful, nice little pepper. Tacos are going to be nice and tasty.

Flour Tortillas

INGREDIENTS
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • ⅓ cup vegetable oil
  • 1 cup warm water

INSTRUCTIONS
Combine flour, salt and baking powder in the bowl of a stand mixer. With the dough hook attached mix dry ingredients until well combined. Add oil and water with mixer running at a medium speed. Mix for 1 minute, stopping several timesto scrape the sides of the bowl. After about 1 minute, or when mixture comes together and begins to form a ball, decrease mixing speed to low. Continue to mix for 1 minute or until dough is smooth.

_MG_0851.JPG

Transfer from mixing bowl to a well-floured work surface. Divide dough in half, then in half again. Continue until you have 16 fairly equal portions. Form each piece into a ball and flatten with the palm of your hand as much as possible. If dough is sticky, use a bit more flour. Cover flattened balls of dough with a clean kitchen towel and allow to rest for 15 minutes before proceeding.

_MG_0852.JPG

After rest period, heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Roll each dough piece into a rough circle, about 6-7 inches in diameter, keep work surface and rolling pin lightly floured. Don’t stack uncooked tortillas on top of each other or they will get soggy.

_MG_0858.JPG

When pan is very hot, place one dough circle into pan and allow to cook about 1 minute or until bottom surface has a few pale brown spots. The uncooked surface will begin to show a few little bubbles. If tortilla is browning too fast, reduced heat a bit. If it’s taking longer than a minute to see a few pale golden brown spots on underside of tortillas, increase heat a bit. Flip to other side and cook for about 30 seconds. You want the tortilla to be soft but have a few small pale golden brown spots on surface.

Remove from pan with tongs and stack in a covered container or zippered bag till all tortillas are cooked. This will keep them soft and pliable.
Wipe out the pan inbetween tortillas if flour is started to accumulate.

_MG_0865.JPG

Looks very good.

You guys need to post all in one place, all these links, the tortillas are here, the sauce is here cross-posting is getting a bit crazy. Please choose one place for your posts. Thank you.

Steak Chimichurri Tacos

Made some Steak Chimi tacos with smoked skirt steak marinaded in toasted cumin and smoked pequin peppers with a little lime. 

Chimichurri sauce recipe listed here <--- Click me

_MG_0836.JPG

I smoked the skirt steak over mesquite wood ~225f degrees for about 2 hours

_MG_0860.JPG

When it was almost done I made some fresh tortillas

Homemade Tortilla recipe <--- Click here

_MG_0859.JPG

Served them with some onion, chimi sauce and fresh crumbled cheese

_MG_0870.JPG

Mmmmmm

_MG_0886.JPG

grantmichaels said:
This probably isn't the place to discuss it - maybe Support or something? - but I thought putting the prep for something in your own thread was exactly what we were supposed to do, so I'm confused ...

That way we don't sprawl in the burger/taco/steak etc threads ...

I'll do whatever the right thing is, but I'm ~10k deep and I still don't know what that is =)

Same here, that's why I did that. 
What's going down tomorrow you ask?

Steak Tamales and Cochinita pibil... only it's getting smoked not buried in a pit. 

_MG_0841.JPG

D3, yooz a straight, Murderahhhhh!!! Even yer dag nab flour tortilla looks on hit. N' looken dis bumbaclot, Tum ringgg!!!! :rofl: Dis be dah ORIGINAL TACO RUDEBWOOOYY....................Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!

Got my vote  :fireball:

hogleg said:
D3, yooz a straight, Murderahhhhh!!! Even yer dag nab flour tortilla looks on hit. N' looken dis bumbaclot, Tum ringgg!!!! :rofl: Dis be dah ORIGINAL TACO RUDEBWOOOYY....................Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!

Got my vote  :fireball:

I don't even know wtf you said..... but i'll take it!   :rofl:

Back